Show off your Indian Runners!

Some of the gals and guys.
smile.png
Would you say the one at the wee bottom is an apppleyard runner? I have 2 of them. Can't tell what the girls look like though.

That's great! What varieties do you have? We didn't have the spring hatch we had hoped for, at all.. so we are unfortunately going to be breeding again this fall.
Blue and black and a mix of Blue and fawn and white. I got eggs from a member here on BYC. She didn't have a fawn and white drake but I love the coloring on my 2 mixes from that pairing. Hers are from Metzers stock. I love them they are little clowns.

I hope your fall hatch turns out awesome for you.

Last edited:
Mixed runners sometimes give the greatest colours. I personally like older female blues, blacks and chocolates. They look awesome when their feathers start to turn white and create a splashed look.

I may be selling John (Metzer) some runner stock in the future to refresh some of his flock, perhaps my birds' genetics will be showing up at a farm close to you :)

Mixed runners sometimes give the greatest colours. I personally like older female blues, blacks and chocolates. They look awesome when their feathers start to turn white and create a splashed look.

I may be selling John (Metzer) some runner stock in the future to refresh some of his flock, perhaps my birds' genetics will be showing up at a farm close to you :)
Now that I would love. these eggs came all the way from Idaho to NC only lost 5 out of 20.

So you can sell and send across the border? I'd love to show you a pic of my Drake 'Stretch" he is gorgeous but since I put windows 10 on my computer I can upload recent pics on BYC, I have got to figure out why. He is mix of Blue/fawn and white or brown and fawn and white but I am thinking blue since his colors are so pretty. And my friend only has Blue, F/W and Chocolate and I got black Runners why? She has brown and blue drakes . Amiga has some of the Runners that have developed the splash look it really is pretty.

I sent you my email address in a PM, would love to take a look at your birds!

Thats amazing that you had such a good hatch rate, I really am impressed. Our new incubators have been our achilles this year and we have been let down with our hatches since April. All of our birds were imported from Oregon, by way of New York state and then I drove them home to 1.5 hours east of Toronto to our farm. I think I have done this trip 6 or 7 times now and will do it again once or twice in the spring time. The Holderreads' just mean that much to me and their work, I feel, needs me right now :)

We can ship back to the US, just trying to find a method of doing it that makes it easy on myself, the ducks and keeps costs as low as possible. USPS for shipping is out of the question so most likely I will be driving from near Toronto to Buffalo or Syracuse, then having our runners fly on a plane.

If your friend has brown and blue drakes, the chocolates, if they are infact chocolate, would only pass on chocolate to the females and also the males, if the mother duck was chocolate as well. If the drakes are blue, then they would pass on blue 50% of the time. You have some pretty good chances of some black ducks popping out.

Here are a few more photos

Back
Top Bottom