Show off your la Fleche

1cock2hens

Free Ranging
8 Years
Jul 2, 2015
My tiny house in Powell Missouri
I once had a la fleche rooster that I absolutely loved and since his passing I've been actively looking for some. They are not so easy to find in my area and I'm not about to ship one across the country so to satisfy my la fleche itch I thought I would start this thread for those few la fleche owners to show off a little

I have to go look up that breed, it's a new one on me! Hopefully someone here has some!
I just looked them up & that's a pretty bird, those combs look like horns.

I would love to see pictures too! I wanted to get them, but when I contacted one of the few breeders here I was told they're hard to breed. Because of the small gene pool they're very prone to slipped tendon among other things. I decided I wasn't experienced enough to deal with that.

I have to go look up that breed, it's a new one on me! Hopefully someone here has some!
I just looked them up & that's a pretty bird, those combs look like horns.
They are very hard to find but they are out there. They are supposed to be the 2nd tastiest chicken behind bresse! I was lucky one year and was gifted 4 random chicks and one turned out to be a la fleche! They are very much like game chickens in the way the roosters behave.

Back
Top Bottom