Show off your lead hen! :)

I have no idea who is top girl, how do you know? But this is the nosiest one lol, this is nugget she is about 18 months old
Looks to be a Red sex-link, also known as a Red Star, Cinnamon Queen, Red Comet, Golden Comet, and ISA Browns I believe. If you get a picture of her full body, then I can be sure. :)

all my girls are the same, but they have slight difference I can tell them apart but others can't lol, how would i know who is the top hen?

all my girls are the same, but they have slight difference I can tell them apart but others can't lol, how would i know who is the top hen?
Sorry, I read your 1st post wrong. The top hen is usually the most bossy, and the others know that they need to get out of her way. Lead hens also make decisions for those who can't, and tell the others when it's time to go to bed. :)

I don't seem to have one lol, they all just go about there business, there very quiet chickens I don't get alot of noise from them, no one calls for bed the just go in in dribs and drabs, I don't have a bosy hen?

Pepper is my Barred Wyandotte Bantam and is boss in the bantam run:) she has just started laying a month ago, I don't know exactly how old she would be then?
Daffy is a Legbar x Leghorn cross and definitely boss of the large fowl run! I have no idea how old she is.
Then there is Bonnie, I just thought I'd show her as well because she used to be boss and is still second in the pecking order:) I haven't got any recent pic of her so here is one from a while ago but she still looks the same
big_smile.png
Bonnie is a Light Sussex and is three and a half.

I'm new to this site. I wish I knew how to post a picture on here but I know how to.
Well I can tell u about my top hen..
she is a Rhode island red and her name is sporty.. she is 4 and half years old. she can get a little to bossy with the others. also she boss the rooster around too.

Back
Top Bottom