Show off your Old English Game Bantams!!

You mean both girls just started laying recently?  I believe the only issues with early eggs are things like shell quality, shape, size, fertility... etc...  as long as those things are good, I don't think there is any difference about what's inside the egg.  If that makes sense.   

The shells seem to be wayyyy to hard. It took a good bit to break them. They both just started laying

l always try to check the embryo's position in the shell and check it with pictures on line to try to p8in point the time of death. Was the chick's head in position to pip internally? Was it internally pipped but didn't pip externally? Those tragic little deaths can tell you a lot about what went wrong. Sometimes it just isn't something you can figure out at all. They just died. I had three die in the shell with my last broody. She was a first time broody and kept 'loosing' her eggs after pooping on them so no big surprise with her what went wrong. I was able to tell from the dead embryos, however just about when they died.*

You mean both girls just started laying recently?  I believe the only issues with early eggs are things like shell quality, shape, size, fertility... etc...  as long as those things are good, I don't think there is any difference about what's inside the egg.  If that makes sense.   

l  always try to check the embryo's position in the shell and check it with pictures  on line to try to p8in point the time of death. Was the chick's head in position to pip internally?  Was it internally pipped but didn't pip externally? Those tragic little deaths can tell you a lot about what went wrong. Sometimes it just isn't something you can figure out at all. They just died. I had three die in the shell with my last broody. She was a first time broody and kept 'loosing' her eggs after pooping on them so no big surprise with her what went wrong. I was able to tell from the dead embryos, however just about when they died.*

https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/1142573/help-what-happened-oegb-eggs

99% of the problems I had learning to hatch OEGB were from my humidity being too high. It causes the chicks to be too large and they can't turn in the shells to pip.

Throw out your hygrometer and watch the size of your air cells. They'll tell you if you're getting it right or not. Rotate your eggs around the incubator. Check your temps in various spots.

I've have my best luck with OEGB & 35-45% humidity, but I aim for the lower end. Again, don't get hung up on a %, and watch those air cells.

Keep trying. I lost dozens until I got it right.

I would love some eggs as well. U don't have to be NPIP to ship to me here in nm. ( just for live chicks). If u are getting eggs now I would love them! Thx

I'm not getting very many OEGB eggs right now, and I would question the fertility of the ones I am getting. I won't start hatching again for another couple of months, and I really don't plan on hatching many because I had such a good season. I've got so many young birds right now.

Check with me in the spring. I'm gonna have eggs everywhere.

Can anyone tell me what type of bantam rooster this is

Back
Top Bottom