show quality speckled sussex ??

Quote: Walt and aveca are having small side chat about the lack of a Black Orpington visual in the SOP book. I am sure we'll get back to Sussex soon.
Best,
Karen

Walt and aveca are having small side chat about the lack of a Black Orpington visual in the SOP book. I am sure we'll get back to Sussex soon.
Best,
Karen
OK, I got it now... I wasn't sure if it was turning into a heated discussion or not.

So far, we have been real good at avoiding drama on this thread. Actually, I have been very pleased with the folks we have attracted to this thread. Everyone has been respectful and inquisitive. There is a humbleness to this thread that I don't see in a lot of the other threads...

Thanks again Karen..

Quote: ============================
Yes. I like this thread. I can come here and just enjoy the discussion.
Karen

Last edited:
Lisa-- I give you the credit for maintaining the humble thoughtful atmosphere of this thread. You set the tone. ANd we follow.
wink.png

Walt and aveca are having small side chat about the lack of a Black Orpington visual in the SOP book. I am sure we'll get back to Sussex soon.
Best,
Karen
sorry guys..my fault.. somone asked for a visual..couple of us gave one thou be it old one..then we rolled away from your discussion..I apologise,, I thought I was on a different thread clicked this one by mistake.

Last edited:
sorry guys..my fault.. somone asked for a visual..couple of us gave one thou be it old one..then we rolled away from your discussion..I apologise,, I thought I was on a different thread clicked this one by mistake.
LOL... I kinda of thought that because I was over on the CSU thread and they were talking about dorkings...BUT I got totally lost with the black orp...

This is for the actual new SS owners. Will try and help with a few things related to the actual structure of the SS so you can try and stay away from certain type SS when you are buying your first SS. If you are buying eggs from anywhere please do not buy unless you can see some of the SS that are from the flock. Make sure if you are buying from the internet that you ask if the pictures in the ad are pirated or actual pictures of the ss that the eggs are coming from. If the pictured SS show a lot of white in the wings and tail feathers just pass them by regardless of the price.

The next thing to do is buy a copy of the APA SOP. If you are serious about breeding the SS you will need a copy of the SOP. After you receive the SOP keep it by the chair you relax in and anytime you have free time read the first 40 pages everytime you have free time. You will learn more from the SOP than any book you will be able to find.

Do not waste your time and money buying small unthrify SS as it will be a loser from day one. The broad chest and Wide shoulder will help give you the long Back with good width all the way to the spot where the tail connects. Do not accept anything less than these couple of things.

Walt, I found those SOP pictures. I manipulated the pictures so that we could study the outlines of the birds. I made the changes so that I didn't give away all of the APA picture material, but had something with correct type for us to study and compare. If the pictures are violating APA rules, let me know and I will remove them.

Back
Top Bottom