show quality speckled sussex ??

Pics
Quote:
Good to hear that the SS remains unchanged.... I personally have not purchased my sop yet BECAUSE I am waiting for the Black Copper marans to be included. Walt are the BCM in the 2010 revised version?

Quote:
Good to hear that the SS remains unchanged.... I personally have not purchased my sop yet BECAUSE I am waiting for the Black Copper marans to be included. Walt are the BCM in the 2010 revised version?

Lisa, you have another 10 years

Quote:

th.gif
th.gif
th.gif
That ain't right!
th.gif
th.gif
th.gif

Last edited:
Quote:

The BCM's were not admitted until after the SOP was already in production.

w.

Quote:

th.gif
th.gif
th.gif
That ain't right!
th.gif
th.gif
th.gif

No, it is not right, so for you we will have them in there in two years. As soon as this batch of standards are sold, we will reprint with the BCM's in there along with the other breeds that are qualifying at Crossroads. Wheaten Marans, splash moderns, fawn Calls etc, etc.

The way the SOP's are selling that should be a realistic deadline.

Walt

Quote:
th.gif
th.gif
th.gif
That ain't right!
th.gif
th.gif
th.gif

No, it is not right, so for you we will have them in there in two years. As soon as this batch of standards are sold, we will reprint with the BCM's in there along with the other breeds that are qualifying at Crossroads. Wheaten Marans, splash moderns, fawn Calls etc, etc.

Walt

Hmm, maybe I ought to wait until the next revision...
idunno.gif
I will see if our library has a copy, but it seems to me if a person is making the best chickens in a breed one of their primary hobbies/goal, then a copy of the SOP is one of the lesser costs when you consider all the wire, building material, feed....
smile.png

I have pictures of some SS that my only surviving SS came from. I have permission from the owner to post them and analyze them.

"Here are a few pictures... Do with them what you with other than run auctions or claim they belong to anyone but me.

One side note... After three years of breeding,, this year I have hatched about 4 light colored chicks.... Very light... almost yellow with very faint stripes... The odd thing is that when they have feathered out in to their adult feathers they are just like the other speckled sussex... Dark Mahogany with white markings... Very odd. Have you ever heard of this.

Bryan Lay"

He sells his eggs on e-bay as 06Nickolas.

Pic 1
92928_ss5.jpg

Pic 2
92928_ss4.jpg

Pic 3
92928_ss3.jpg

Pic 4
92928_ss2.jpg

Pic 5
92928_ss1.jpg

I will be back with an analysis after work.
Jim

Quote:

Walt

Hmm, maybe I ought to wait until the next revision...
idunno.gif
I will see if our library has a copy, but it seems to me if a person is making the best chickens in a breed one of their primary hobbies/goal, then a copy of the SOP is one of the lesser costs when you consider all the wire, building material, feed....
smile.png

To put how important it is to have a SOP into perspective.........EVERY judge is required to have a CURRENT edition of the SOP in his possession when he/she judges.
You can glean info from old Standards online and maybe your breed will be up to date, but the rest of the info may not be up to date.

The bottom line is: It depends on how serious you are in breeding to the SOP. In the scope of things it is the cheapest part of your hobby and maybe one of the most important.

Yes, all the faults/DQ's are listed. if not in the breed description, it will be in the general descriptions. The positives are also listed in the first 37 pages, but you have to have a bit of understanding of the birds for it to make sense in some cases. I would recommend reading about all the birds in the English class. Some of the description are better than others and many were written many years ago. Sometimes the descriptions for the same things are written in just a slightly different way that may make more sense. It is not easy to make changes to the SOP, there are a lot of fiery hoops to jump through, so some of the terminology is slightly different. Still means the same, but just another way of saying it.

Walt

Back
Top Bottom