show quality speckled sussex ??

Pics
Quote:
Let me see what I can do about posting some pics of your favorites
smile.png

I can't find the Overton Speckled Sussex bantam and the Rupert Stevenson Bantam Speckeld sussex pictures. If you send me the links, I will try to upload them here...

This is the Reserve Ch. LG. Sussex by Tony Albritton

http://i1100.photobucket.com/albums/g420/cliff1801/SussexTonyResEnglish.jpg

Hey all, Does anyone see anything that does not seem to be right with this SS female.

Quote:
Let me see what I can do about posting some pics of your favorites
smile.png

I can't find the Overton Speckled Sussex bantam and the Rupert Stevenson Bantam Speckeld sussex pictures. If you send me the links, I will try to upload them here...

This is the Reserve Ch. LG. Sussex by Tony Albritton

http://i1100.photobucket.com/albums/g420/cliff1801/SussexTonyResEnglish.jpg

Hey all, Does anyone see anything that does not seem to be right with this SS female.

Compared to the Sewell print, her tail is high and has lots more white in it. I am new to this but trying to learn everything I can before actually starting to breed SS.
smile.png

Allow me to introduce #83. She's a Mt. Healthy pullet, currently 37 weeks (roughly 9 months). She's my top ranked pullet from this group. She currently weighs in at 6.4lbs and she's one of the very few (3 out of 30) who are laying without benefit of artificial lighting. When she's not cornered by a crazy keeper with a camera, she carries her tail at the proper angle. She does have white primaries, and her comb is uneven, but blessedly, she is among the few with straight toes.

99689_mh83f_right_side_37_weeks.jpg

99689_mh83f_left_side_37_weeks.jpg

99689_mh83f_rear_37_weeks.jpg

99689_mh83f_top_37_weeks.jpg

99689_mh83f_head_shot_37_weeks.jpg

Quote:
Too FUNNY!
lol.png
I have a delaware roo that is constantly wing dancing me too!
YES, I have some 9 week olds on the ground.

Last year at this time, I had babies that were only a couple of weeks old. It was SO cold last year at this time. I am truly blessed with nicer weather this year.
It is suppose to drop to the 30's tonight, so the heat lamps will be on for the chicks. The WIND and RAIN are occuring now so the temps will be dropping soon.
We will be going from a high of 79 today to a low in the 30's tonight! Just crazy swings!

Quote:
That second picture is horrid.
hide.gif
IF that doesn't reflect what she really looks like - -DELETE it and don't ever post it again!
wink.png

The tail set in the first picture looks nice, so hopefully that is what it is normally like!
smile.png

The comb has a twist in it. From my experience, twists and thumbprints are WAY TOO COMMON in this breed. This is something that folks should be able to get rid of with relative ease.
The prevelance of it is just an outright shame!

She seems to have a nice width on the top line.

She has some of the weird coloring that my birds have. There is Black barring without the white tip spangles on the wings and on the tail the feathers have shafting occuring.

When you get a chance, I would like to see a TRUE profile shot of number 83. She looks to have the right amount of white - - not too much.
Weight looks great on her... SOP calls for WEIGHTS: Hen 7 lbs, Pullet 6 lbs. If her REAL profile is more like the first picture, than I would plan on keeping her.

She may not have all the features she is suppose to BUT if that tail angle is normally more like that first picture, then she has a more going for her than my hens do.... Send her to auntie Lisa for a nice long winter vacation if you don't want to use her!
smile.png

WHERE is DON? He can give you a more serious and refined critique than I just did
big_smile.png

Last edited:
Lisa, What do you think about the main rows of tail feathers ? Do you think the tail might be pinched or too tight ? What about the little bit of Fantail she has going on. Will be back to see what you say. Anyone else feel free to answer also.

Back
Top Bottom