show quality speckled sussex ??

Pics
Thanks from those angles, she does look like she has spangles but hard to tell if she is a female or not.
big_smile.png

Oh there is also a Sussex thread you might want to post there too! Its also a very nice thread and they have all varieties of sussex.

Looks like a pullet to me. My sussex revealed their sex within the first 4 weeks. The rooster's combs develop fairly quickly. As far as it being a speckled sussex????? There are some spangles but not sure that is what she is. Time will tell. I had a couple of my girls get their speckles once they got their mature adult feathers.

Last edited:
I agree it could be a little pullet heres mine at 11 weeks.
20212_photo-0162.jpg

I've never had a SS Roo baby so I can't compare. Mine didn't have wattles showing at that age. but the comb looks pullet-ish. does she have tail feathers yet?

Last edited:
I have some 12 weekers running around my place. I will try to get a pic tomorrow of my young roo w/ a pullet so you can see the difference in the size of the combs and even the feathers.

Quote:
She doesnt have any long-looking tail feathers, Yours do look great, I really do like the spangles.

Thankyou, I'm pretty proud of them.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom