Show us your nest boxes! Ingenous design post it here!

Pics
The price of my eggs went up due to the cost of new underwear.
yuckyuck.gif

Very cute!!! Though, in a bygone generation, "my wife's sturdy drawers" were a completely different thing.
lol.png

That's hilarious! That was my first thought, too, when I read it! I was looking for what the heck he used undies for in the coop!

Last edited:
I LOVE all of the ingenuity of everyone's nesting boxes! This is the design we have decided on....a mix of a couple ideas that caught my eye. Our little ones aren't quite ready to lay yet but, when they are I hope that they like their 'hotel'.

They aren't pretty but here's what I came up with in my coop

Does the job and even my huge Sussex girls fit in there, im finally getting eggs so they must like it!!
The rest of my coop, it's an old tankstand with no tank on it, its walled with asbestos that I can't afford to remove so for the time being it stays

Last edited:
I made mine swing out for easy cleaning of coop and nesting boxes. Installed sterlite containers in the nesting boxes for easy cleaning. In the pics they are turned upside down because the girls are a ways away from laying and I don't want them roosting in there for now.
Wow, that's a lot of weight cantilevered off those hinges.

Back
Top Bottom