Show us your nest boxes! Ingenous design post it here!

Pics
Did you build the shelving yourself? Looks great!!
Thanks
smile.png
Yes, home built, used an old melamine counter top for the roof and off cut/left over cladding and ply board to do the rest.
I routed out the half rounds for the front and used the bits I cut out for the step up bar.

I just built this row of nesting boxes today with my 9 yr old daughters help I havnt put them in the chickens coop yet

Newbie here. I have a question, and it's probably a dumb one!

My chicks are still in the brooder. Neither DH nor I are very skilled at carpentry, but we've built a small coop that's turned out nicely. We'll be making the run this week, and I hope to post pics! The plan was to cut an opening on one side and add on one of those nest boxes to the outside of the coop. But I'm worried about cutting into what we've already built and messing it up! The floor plan is too small to just set a nest box inside, because we'd lose too much floor space.

The dumb question: Would the chickens use a nest box that was separate from the coop? We are planning a great, large, roomy run, and would have plenty of room for a 2nd small structure.

Or we could easily hang a box to the outside of the coop that would not have access from inside. Would the girls come outside to hop into a box hanging out there?

Thanks for sharing all your expertise!

Back
Top Bottom