Show us your nest boxes! Ingenous design post it here!

Pics
I have pullets beginning to lay so I built these laying nests today. I hope the pullets like the nests.
I will move the laying box outside the fence later when I can modify the fence to allow the pullets to access the nests through the fence. This modification will allow my wife to collect the eggs without entering the run.

I collected 8 eggs from these nests today. There have been no eggs on the ground since I installed these nests about a week ago. I believe the pullets like the nests. :)

I purchased the nice looking grey plastic Miller boxes from Amazon... because they had such great reviews from everyone and they all mentioned working for larger hens. www.amazon.com/Miller-Manufacturing-163620-Chicken-Nesting/dp/B005CEQYJK/ref=sr_1_2?s=pet-supplies&ie=UTF8&qid=1421610570&sr=1-2&keywords=nesting+boxes#customerReviews Well....my Cochins are just starting to lay now at 6 months and they laid on the floor so I put a Blitz Stak n Store container in and they laid in that the next morning. So much nicer size for my big girls!!! I have ordered two more now. I just put two screw nails in to lock it to the wall so it wouldn't tip over when they perched on the edge. I love it! I am selling the Miller's boxes and will just keep 3 of the Stak n Stores.

I purchased the nice looking grey plastic Miller boxes from Amazon... because they had such great reviews from everyone and they all mentioned working for larger hens. www.amazon.com/Miller-Manufacturing-163620-Chicken-Nesting/dp/B005CEQYJK/ref=sr_1_2?s=pet-supplies&ie=UTF8&qid=1421610570&sr=1-2&keywords=nesting+boxes#customerReviews Well....my Cochins are just starting to lay now at 6 months and they laid on the floor so I put a Blitz Stak n Store container in and they laid in that the next morning. So much nicer size for my big girls!!! I have ordered two more now. I just put two screw nails in to lock it to the wall so it wouldn't tip over when they perched on the edge. I love it! I am selling the Miller's boxes and will just keep 3 of the Stak n Stores.

That's brilliant!

So today I received the two Stack n Stores that I ordered and I got the wrong size. The one in the pic above is 18 gallon size. The two I got today are 9 gallon. I think they'll work great as well. I put up both of them so they have 5 boxes now for only 10 hens lol. My hen laid in the Miller grey box this morning. So to each, her own! :)

Back
Top Bottom