Show us your nest boxes! Ingenous design post it here!

Pics
This thread is really great for ideas! Currently converting an old workshop to a chicken coop. Neither DBF nor I are super great with carpentry and I'm trying not to sink TOO MUCH money into this until I see how much I actually enjoy having chickens around. The workshop already has built in shelving and a counter. I'm thinking buying either a litter box or storage bin and just sliding it under the counter/lowest shelf. Would that work? Would I need to weight it down or mount it someway?

Also, how often do you clean your nest boxes? I have access to an infinite supply of sturdy cardboard paper boxes from work. I could maybe build something from them and just replace it when it gets yucky? Still worried about weight/stability. Suggestions are welcome. :) :rolleyes:

This thread is really great for ideas! Currently converting an old workshop to a chicken coop. Neither DBF nor I are super great with carpentry and I'm trying not to sink TOO MUCH money into this until I see how much I actually enjoy having chickens around. The workshop already has built in shelving and a counter. I'm thinking buying either a litter box or storage bin and just sliding it under the counter/lowest shelf. Would that work? Would I need to weight it down or mount it someway?

Also, how often do you clean your nest boxes? I have access to an infinite supply of sturdy cardboard paper boxes from work. I could maybe build something from them and just replace it when it gets yucky? Still worried about weight/stability. Suggestions are welcome.
smile.png
roll.png
Stability is important....if a full grown chicken can't stand on the edge of it without it moving, best find something else.

Back
Top Bottom