Showgirl thread- for posting pictures and discussing breed!

My baby. SHE crowed today, at ten weeks old!!!!!

Naughty boy.

I'm going to have a nice selection of young showgirls and a few silkies at the Pryor, Oklahoma, show and sale Saturday, March 2, if anyone is nearby and interested. They are about 15th generation and are quite nice. Am always eager to meet silkie and showgirl people, so if you're there, stop and see me even if you're not in the market for any.

I have finally got all my birds settled and have started to hatch up here in NE Ohio. I have gotten two really nice birds and one "eh" roo. I'll try to get some photos of them tonight to share with everyone! Including a Sizzle SG who is going through a hard molt. She looks so funny.

HUHUHUHUHU! <<<Maniacal old chicken witch laughter.

We FINALLY HAVE A FLOCK SIRE OF OUR OWN!

A REALLY nice Paint Showgirl cockerel just started to pounce today. No crowing yet, nor any luck with the point of pouncing, but he is definitely not a girl.

HUGE dark eyes, great dark skin color, fantastic foot feathering and toe spacing, great big crest, really great, even spotting, ZERO hard feathering, compact silkie type, great big cushion, lovely young roo carraige, and a nice friendly personality. He is only 4 months old, but looks like he will blossom into just about the very best paint showgirl cock I have EVER seen. Hooray!

pics to come.

Back
Top Bottom