Showgirl thread- for posting pictures and discussing breed!

Pics
Quote:
"
lau.gif
...I have a Fabio too. Your Izzy looks just like my Domino. Nice roo very similar looking to one I have named Peanut."

Suz

I thought more "Showgirl" people would see this if I posted here instead of the "for sale" area..... My best friend in southern Michigan ordered some Silkie eggs and when they hatched...he also had 2 Showgirl chicks. He doesn't want them... FREE to a good home.... They are both (looks like a pair) white with black skin.....they were just hatched. He won't ship just 2 chicks...must pick up in the Jackson, Michigan area. Anyone interested can pm me and I'll give you his number/address. These are from top quality stock.

Ohhhh lookyyyy!!!!
wee.gif

I have colors. So hopefully next year I'll have showgirls in these colors as well as blue and splash....here's baby pictures

67762_new_sg_blood.jpg

Black, Blue, and a white showgirl chick...for new colors, the white is for some new blood in my flock.

67762_calico_chicks.jpg

Light Calico

67762_lav_and_porcelain.jpg

Lavender

sighs...Ok enough gloating...
lau.gif

See yaaa!!!!

BTW, where is everyone

Suz

1 Chick Magnet - my goodness - what happens when all 3 hatch - will they fight over the chicks. I can't believe all three fit in there but, those eggs must be nice and cozy and warm.

Quote:
Hey Fay
frow.gif

How are the eggies doing? Got any little Iowa showgirls growing, try singing Madonna songs to them...
lau.gif
...one of the momma's is named Madonna....
idunno.gif

Not my fault, let hubby name two and wound up with a Madonna and a Peanut...
gig.gif

Aren't the little Lav's adorable? The light one is named Sterling and the darker is Pewter.

The Calico's are Confetti and Sherbert...lol

And that little black showgirl will either be.....Elvira or Algonquine (pronounced L gong Kwin) Indian name blah blah...would be Gonky for short.

I now have, get this.....
ep.gif
....29 Lav eggs, and 18 of my showgirl eggs in two bators....yikes! Glutton for punishment....
gig.gif

See ya Fay

Edited because I have bator brain and can't freakin spell.

Last edited:
HEY GUYS,
frow.gif

temps will be 53 degrees today, slightly cloudy. Can i let the babies out yet? I have let them outside a couple of times already but temps were in the upper 60s. Im pretty sure they are fully feathered by now but its so hard for me to tell because they are SO naked, haha. they should be around nine or ten weeks by now. (i cant keep track.) its a bit nippy out there this morning, id say close to 35 degrees, but i want to put the out so badly! they are getting way too big for the brooder. WAY TOO BIG.
smile.png

Quote:
Hey there aubrey,
I at two months yeah they are mostly feathered by they aren't used to cooler, so maybe keep an eye on them. You can tell when a chick is cold, specially a showgirl they pull their necks in to stay warmer.

Back
Top Bottom