Showgirl thread- for posting pictures and discussing breed!

by way white showgirls are not boring there probly the prettiest this comeing form some that only bought white because it was all i find at first now i breed almost every color

Last edited:
I should have said common, bad choice of words.
I am just getting restless waiting for mine to start maturing.
I was thinking about making some Paint...
It's just this color genetics has me stumped. So I figure whatever colors pop up, If it's a Showgirl, it will be beautiful any which way!

It's just this color genetics has me stumped. So I figure whatever colors pop up, If it's a Showgirl, it will be beautiful any which way!
to get paint you have have paint, paint can be breed to black or white or other paint just mater who u ask

and if your looking make colors buy white showgirl male and breed him to silkie hens of color you like

here are a couple pic's of young cockerel and pullets, not the best but gives you an idea.

between three and four months old.. the cockerels is crowing

Hens.. below

love.gif
I have paint, both pullet and cockerel.
Tons of blue and splash.
Need more black... as far as SGs I have only a black NB, and blue Partridge bearded. Pretty sure both girls...
I have a black NB cock, he's got a little gold leakage on his neck, but since we're in a naked neck mood, I'm not sure I should worry about it.
MORE... want more! To make more. I am so tired of big birds.

This was my first SG, her name is Louise, and she is giving me adorable pet showgirls. I got her at an auction with a few other naked neckers and did some research to find out about Showgirls.

This is one of her off-spring from a white and Louise cross. I loved her colors!

Since reading more about them, I have gotten some better quality and higher generations, I'm thinking somewhere in the 12-15 range.

I've been reading for a while now and you all have helped me understand SG's much better. There is still so much I don't know.
to get paint you have have paint, paint can be breed to black or white or other paint just mater who u ask
Do you have a picture of a paint or can you tell me what color it is. I have never seen one but it sound pretty.
and if your looking make colors buy white showgirl male and breed him to silkie hens of color you like \
Right now I only have two SG males which I was upset about but maybe it is a good thing since silkie's are easier to find.
Is there a standard for SG? How do I determine if it is a good quality bird?
Here are my boys, are they considered decent birds or not? Buzz has a weird comb, kind of like a big flat knob. Because of it I wasn't sure about breeding him, but he does have a great personality. He follows me around like a puppy and as about as curious as one.

Teri

And Buzz

The thing that stands out most to me is their combs,I would consider them "OK".
The boys are nice looking, I am in love with Teri.
Go get yourself some Silkie hens and make us some babies!!
The Showgirl is not APA recognized (YET) but can be shown.
Get yourself a Standard of Perfection, and read it cover to cover.
The breed standard you will refer to is the Silkie, as SGs are a variety of them, just with naked necks.
Go to the ASBC's website, and study the descriptions there.
To join them is to support them.

Back
Top Bottom