showgirls

Ok make it 4 buff showgirls 2 partridge silkies 1 buff showgirl did not make it so I guess I had 5 buff showgirls I still have 2 showgirl eggs in the bator and one hasn't done anything and the other is zipping now

Ok I have 3 very healthy buff showgirls in the brooder 2 healthe partridge silkies in the brooder I have t more buff showgirls in the incubator that hatched 1 will not open eyes and just flops around and peeps the other hatched with what I guess was the umbilical cord around neck and has a really big head so that will make 6 buff showgirls that hatched but one of them did not make it all showgirl eggs are done hatching now as soon as all dry up will post pics

wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif

I can"t wait to see them! Congratulations on your first hatch!

Last edited:
They turned out being great looking little showgirls they are running around with the rest of them now even big head is doing good. One of the eggs that a friend gave me was a very large brown egg like one that a barred rock lays was the last to hatch today and a black skinned 4 toed silkie cross came out of it it is really cute a jumbo silkie. I hope it is a rooster it will be great with my standards

That is great!!! Will you change the name of "Big Head"? It may make her self conscious.
lau.gif
We wouldnt want to be responsible for that! A giant Silkie??? I cant wait to see that!! Congrats on the hatch. I sure hope mine is just as good. They are due tomorrow.
wee.gif
wee.gif

Post pics as soon as you can. Your killing me hear. My kids just got the day off. School closed! (again)
barnie.gif

We are on day 14 here. In a few more days it'll be time to take them off the turner!
celebrate.gif
That's 16 showgirl eggs, people! Mom and I are so pumped, we both took the hatch day off from work. We're going to have a whole herd of little chickens running around!

Well I don't think our giant silkie is going to make it it just lays there with its eyes closed and sometimes gasping for air.

My wife took some really nice pics of our hatch she will post them tonight if she has time.
Sewincircle good luck on your hatch I no this one will go allot better for you and your little black silkie will have some friends to play with

Ohh Danny, I am so sorry for the giant Silkie. One of my chicks did that. I would really like to know what it is. It did the same thing. It peeped some but it would take open mouth gasps for air. I am sorry. Thanks for the well wishes!! I cant wait for your wife to post pics!
wee.gif

I have all mine (except two under chicken butt) in the hatcher. I cant wait. It is killing me I wont be home all day again. I have classes from morning until 10 pm.
sickbyc.gif

Icedmocha! I cant wait for your hatch too!!! I wish I could take the day off but Professors get a bit crancky when you miss their class on the second week of school! hehehe
I will keep checking for photo evidence of hatch!
pop.gif

Back
Top Bottom