Shredder gene?

Jennc-123

Songster
Jun 18, 2020
I have noticed all my Andalusian's tails are looking rough, blacks and blue's. They'll be 16 weeks on the 30th. I thought this was a more common problem with lavender. Can I fix the problem by adding a better quality rooster?

20201016_130740.jpg
20201016_130946_HDR.jpg
20201016_125618.jpg

Blue pullet, blue cockerel, black pullet

The shredder gene is associated with lavender birds. Not blacks and blues and not with Andalusians. You're dealing with a different cause.
To be more specific, the "Shredder" gene is not an actual gene or mutation, many people have given this trait a name but it could be either an actual mutation that is linked to recessive lavender(very very close in excess of 0.01% chance of recombination since no recombinant have been found) or an allelic mutation of lavender. I for one believe it's just an allelic mutation of the recessive lavender gene because the fact that it has never been seen outside of Lavender birds. As for the OP there is a mutation that might be affecting her flock and it's called: Fray (fr) - autosomal recessive (affects mostly wing flights & tail feathers)

Back
Top Bottom