Shrink wrapped?

QuadHustlin

Chirping
Jan 23, 2023
This chick has been pipped for at least 18 hours now. Is it shrink wrapped? It's still alive but making no progress. My husband was home when one hatched and opened the incubator ....he didn't know any better šŸ˜”

Attachments

• 20230123_083937.jpg
    20230123_083937.jpg
    277.9 KB · Views: 36
  • 20230123_072526.jpg
    20230123_072526.jpg
    258.9 KB · Views: 15
Eggs after a pip may take up to 24 hrs to hatch. I keep the eggs away from the walls of the incubator. Hatched chicks play soccer with the eggs, so I put in rope like below.
55td.PNG

it keeps the eggs in place better, and when setting up your incubator, make sure the curve of the wire floor of incubator, dips to the middle, so the eggs roll to the center and not against the walls.

inf.PNG

So the cheeping was so faint ....I had to take the kids to school so I promised them I'd go ahead and take the chick out and check it when I got home. There was no more movement and cheeping. I was afraid to open the incubator because I had 4 more pipped eggs. But I took it out and it had passed. I opened the egg to see the chick had not pipped the air sac, just the side of the egg. The yolk didn't look absorbed any at all. This is my first clutch to incubate and hatch. Out of 16 eggs so far 6 hatched live. Waiting on 9 more šŸ¤—

Eggs after a pip may take up to 24 hrs to hatch. I keep the eggs away from the walls of the incubator. Hatched chicks play soccer with the eggs, so I put in rope like below.
View attachment 3383897
it keeps the eggs in place better, and when setting up your incubator, make sure the curve of the wire floor of incubator, dips to the middle, so the eggs roll to the center and not against the walls.

View attachment 3383904
Love the rope idea! I have another set to place in the incubator when this hatch is done so I will use that tip! Thank you šŸ˜Š

Back
Top Bottom