Sick Baby Turkeys.....Help Please

@casportpony

@SunHwaKwon yes, she fights like a beast when I pick her up. (I dont pick up the turkeys much) and when I put her down she stumbles and sways. I wish I could upload a video :( she breathes normally, onky after I picked her up and she fought for a bit, after she oanted for a few minutes. She seriously is acting so normal, besides that. I dont get it. Im just so nervous shes going to die. I like my turkeys! I hear wild turkeys trying to call to them, and they are just neat. I gave her vitamins and probiotics. Last week. That is the only thing. It was in their water.

Poop looks very normal... Are yo feeding turkey starter? I ask because turkeys have different nutritional requirements, which a fresh turkey starter should have. You might also want to look into getting some Rooster Booster Poultry Cell, then give that orally.

-Kathy

@casportpony i gave her some poultry booster....it is in her water. So she is eating chick feed, which I read on the bag it said to use for ducks chickens geese and turkey chicks, and she has been getting the poultry booster on top of that in her water for a couple weeks. Can there be such a thing as too much of something? Because of the complete feed and the booster in the water? The other Turkey ok, just her. Shes still behaving ok, and ok as in,something is off of course, but she doesnt seem like she is sick.

@casportpony i gave her some poultry booster....it is in her water. So she is eating chick feed, which I read on the bag it said to use for ducks chickens geese and turkey chicks, and she has been getting the poultry booster on top of that in her water for a couple weeks. Can there be such a thing as too much of something? Because of the complete feed and the booster in the water? The other Turkey ok, just her. Shes still behaving ok, and ok as in,something is off of course, but she doesnt seem like she is sick.
What is poultry booster?

What brand of feed are you feeding?

Is the other turkey the same breed? If so, weigh both. If they weigh about the same then she is probably eating and drinking enough, but I suspect that she will weigh less.

-Kathy

@@casportponythe poultry booster is actually rooster booster. Lol. Its the vitamin and mineral suppliment with probiotics I have in their water. The brand of food is Dumor. I can look at the female and can tell she weighs less than the male, he is a little bigger then she is.

@@casportponythe poultry booster is actually rooster booster. Lol. Its the vitamin and mineral suppliment with probiotics I have in their water. The brand of food is Dumor. I can look at the female and can tell she weighs less than the male, he is a little bigger then she is.

Can you buy a bag of fresh turkey starter crumbles and feed that instead of the Dumor? I suspect that the Dumor is geared more towards chicken chicks that towards turkeys and gamebirds.

-Kathy

Back
Top Bottom