Sick baby...

Mayitbe

In the Brooder
9 Years
Apr 2, 2010
I have little chick that I actually bought on purpose because she was getting run over by the whole group... weak and looked like she was going to die when I bought her. I figured that it would be better for her to die quietly than be trampled to death. I have since tried getting her to drink water and mixed a little chick food with it. I got up 3 times during the night and she was looking a little better but this morning is still really weak and I'm still forcing her. She is peeping a little louder but I'm afraid we're still behing. I read on here somewhere about giving her egg and sugar water so I'm going to try that... any other ideas? Amounts I should be giving? Dilution of sugar and water??
I've named her Penny and am helping her fight.... I would appreciate any thoughts
smile.png

I'm guessing that you have her under a heat lamp. Maybe a little antibiotics in her water if you think there is more to her problem then just being weak.

I was told to only do sugar water for the first feeding. Make sure her bottom is clean, no pasting. I had nursed mine for 2 days, and found her gone this morning. Do what you can, maybe just keep her hydrated with water and a close eye...

She is standing now... not trying to eat on her own. I've been giving her a mixture of egg, sugar, and chick starter with a little syringe. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Back
Top Bottom