Sick duckling

There is fungus growing. When I took the heat lamp off they huddled in the corner. We moved them into the shed. The local help said it sound like a neurological disorder caused by a deficiency. So hopful electrolytes and added brewers yeast along with new location will help.

Please keep us updated on how they are doing.
fl.gif

Everyone looks great this morning. My adult ducks did not enjoy sharing their coop and did not lay any eggs this morning. Im going to hatch some more eggs this month and make some Welschugas or cayulaquins.
2 new breeds look forward in seeing them lol, also happy to hear everyone is looking good. keep up with vitamins

Last edited:
Ya you defenitly have to make sure your feed has vitamins and especially niacin.

Here is an update for our little one. She eats, drinks normal. We give her brewers yeast and vitamins. Her legs are huge and but because she is so small, she steps on her own feet =(. I don't know what we did wrong. Her feathers are really starting to come in, its probably going to take awhile for the feathers to come in where the hens pecked her. Our other duck is fully feathered already. They are 8 weeks old today. Any ideas? Thanks in advance!

I would give her a little more protein. Could you review exactly what she is eating and what percent protein it is, as well as her supplements? Looks like she may not be getting everything she needs. I am sure you are working hard to help her, just trying to get a picture of what is happening.

I trust she is out of the circumstances - getting pecked at, etc. And I don't think her feet and legs look out of proportion.

Back
Top Bottom