Sick goose! Help!

LaBaze

Chirping
8 Years
Feb 14, 2011
Covington, LA
My goose started looking sick yesterday morning. She is off balance and if she is bumped or tries to stretch her wings she falls down. She is eating and drinking but nothing is coming out the other end like she isn't processing her food. She still has a full crop from yesterday. She is talking more today and is walking around but still off balance and still nothing decent coming out the other end. She is a Toulouse about 7 1/2 months old and is not laying yet. Any ideas?

I wish I could help you! Unfortunately, most people just read and leave. I have questions unanswered as well, hoping someone will chime in on mine as well.

Have you tried some vitamins and electrolytes? Or maybe try Nutri drench? I keep these things on hand, but I have never used them, I can't understand how to dose them. They don't have a drinking dish, they have a pool LOL

My goose started looking sick yesterday morning. She is off balance and if she is bumped or tries to stretch her wings she falls down. She is eating and drinking but nothing is coming out the other end like she isn't processing her food. She still has a full crop from yesterday. She is talking more today and is walking around but still off balance and still nothing decent coming out the other end. She is a Toulouse about 7 1/2 months old and is not laying yet. Any ideas?
Could she have gotten into something toxic plants? animals, moldy feed? there is a link for treating for toxins might want to try one, I like to use Activated charcoal can be found in the antacid isle at any pharmacy or Walmart. Go right by directions.I'll get the link for you.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/700526/flushes-for-aiding-in-toxin-removal#post_9508213

at 7.5 months old you wouldn't think nutrient dif but what are you feeding? have they access to grass? could even be a Vitamin B3[Niacin] dif.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom