Sick Hen for last 48 hrs

Sandy777

Hatching
Feb 13, 2024
One of our Hens is sick. Doesnt eat for last two days and poops liquid(white-yellowish). Upon reading the symptoms look like Salmonella/coccidiosis.
Please advice on the treatment which medicine should i get from Tractor Supply or any other place

One of our Hens is sick. Doesnt eat for last two days and poops liquid(white-yellowish). Upon reading the symptoms look like Salmonella/coccidiosis.
Please advice on the treatment which medicine should i get from Tractor Supply or any other place
im so sorry! Get Corid! Helps so much, and check for worms. If she has them, give hert squash, or cucumber, to paralyze the worms. Give electrolytes, and this is the most important part: find another chicken to stay with her. We had this, worms cause coccidiosis in her, and she was on her deathbed. Moved another bird in their, she got way better, and started eating again, it was great. Please be careful. Our hen did die... not from the sickness.
I wish you the best of luck. I hope your hen survives.

im so sorry! Get Corid! Helps so much, and check for worms. If she has them, give hert squash, or cucumber, to paralyze the worms. Give electrolytes, and this is the most important part: find another chicken to stay with her. We had this, worms cause coccidiosis in her, and she was on her deathbed. Moved another bird in their, she got way better, and started eating again, it was great. Please be careful. Our hen did die... not from the sickness.
Cucumbers and squash won't help at all.

The Hen is 18 months old. Wonder if there is one medicine to treat coccodia & salmonella?

Your other thread has responses. Please get some photos as requested!
Thank You!
https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/sick-wyandotte.1611523/

Squash, cucumbers, etc. etc. will not treat worms nor Coccidiosis.
I'm sorry, but it's just not the case.

Back
Top Bottom