Sick hens

Mhenry819

In the Brooder
Apr 16, 2019
This is the 4th hen to show the same symptoms in the past three weeks: light yellow loose poop , lethargic, stopped laying, eats little to no food. Does drink some. Help please! One has died, one dying, one recovered and one is just showing symptoms.

Attachments

• B8539337-5E96-4A7E-8FC6-1FDB76586866.jpeg
    B8539337-5E96-4A7E-8FC6-1FDB76586866.jpeg
    958.7 KB · Views: 6
This is the 4th hen to show the same symptoms in the past three weeks: light yellow loose poop , lethargic, stopped laying, eats little to no food. Does drink some. Help please! One has died, one dying, one recovered and one is just showing symptoms.
I’m having the same issues, my vet is on jury duty-grrr. Hope someone has an answer.

Hmm... For yellow droppings, I typically give burdock, tumeric and milk thistle, with lots of water, maybe some vitamins, just to start with relatively harmless stuff. I add a drop of molasses, sometimes, but not too much. I would get a necropsy of a dead one to help identify the cause.

Free choice garlic sometimes interests them, too.

My hen started with pungent diarrhea poop smell, I got that cured and now about 4 weeks later she has the same symptoms you describe. Just had her at the vet, mine has egg peritonitis. It hurts but I had to have her put to sleep because the cure would be an operation 500-1000$. I did not want her to suffer.
The vet tested her buy draining some belly fluid and putting it under the microscope.
Take your chicken to the vet and maybe it’s something else, you do need to know what’s going on especially since all your chickens are coming down with the same thing.

Back
Top Bottom