Sick pullet

The crop is an organ that almost “stores” the food similar to a hamster pouch before it enters the rest of the digestive tract. It starts breaking down all the things a chicken ingests before the matter begins it’s journey through the system. If the crop fails to empty correctly or at all, the food can become impacted or even “sour” or rotten. Gently feel the mass of the crop, does it feel squishy or hard? Is it pliable? Check the crop early in the morning before the bird has access to food to see if it emptied overnight. Also does the bird smell “sour” or rotten around the facial area?
I will check first thing in the morning. If so what can I give her and is it something contagious to other chicken? Thank you

FOod is stored in the crop during the day, it's part of the digestive system, but it should empty during the night. Check it first thing in the morning before they've had anything to eat or drink. If it's not flat and empty, you may be dealing with an impacted crop and that can be serious. Let's tag @Wyorp Rock or @azygous for help on this, especially since lice are also involved.
I will check morning please let me know what can I do in case is crop issue thank you 😊

What is your location?

Did you buy these chickens and moved them from another location or are they part of a property you just moved to and the chickens are still in their original coop? How long ago did you get them?

There is a big difference between lice and mites. Do you understand the difference and are certain the chickens have lice?

What are you feeding the chickens?

I will check first thing in the morning. If so what can I give her and is it something contagious to other chicken? Thank you
It is not contagious, but some can be caused by the same thing that the first chicken had an issue with. Like if the one hen died from a crop issue and now this one is having a problem, they both could have eaten a piece of plastic or string they found together etc, but it’s very hard to know. This may not even a crop issue. I would check her in the morning, and focus on the lice or mites if all seems well.

One of my pullets died her only symptoms were falling asleep anywhere, stop eating and die. I dewormer the entire flock of 8 pullets. After that, I also treated them for lice they were infected with lots of lice but the treatment didn't work I will do another treatment tomorrow. Now, I have another hen with one wing down I checked her and she doesn't have any open wound or physical damage to her entire body. She is doing same thing as the other hen who died she is sleeping all day while the other ones are eating she just close her eyes and I don't know what I can do. Any ideas?
I'm sorry for your loss.

It does look like Lice/Louse in the photo.

You dipped the chickens, how cold is it?

I prefer dusting the birds with Permethrin dust so I can work the dust down through the feathers all the way to the skin. Dipping may not reach all the bugs and if the birds are in poor condition, getting them wet may weaken them more.
Put the dust in a sock and use it like a powder puff. Use your spray to treat housing, nesting boxes, roosting bars, etc. Repeat treating the birds and the housing in 5-7 day intervals.
I keep both dust and spray on hand.

How long have you had these pullets? I see you made a thread on the 3rd. Was this when you got them?

I'd check crops to make sure they are emptying. Do provide grit (crushed granite) free choice.
These birds are on new ground and it's been at least 7 days(?) since you got them, so I'd also consider treating for Coccidiosis. You can find Corid at the feed store.
Liquid Corid dose is 2tsp or Powdered Corid Dose is 1 1/2tsp per gallon of water given for 5-7 days as the only source of drinking water.
Do not add any extra vitamins/electrolytes that contain B1(Thiamine) to food or water during the course of treatment.

I'm sorry for your loss.

It does look like Lice/Louse in the photo.

You dipped the chickens, how cold is it?

I prefer dusting the birds with Permethrin dust so I can work the dust down through the feathers all the way to the skin. Dipping may not reach all the bugs and if the birds are in poor condition, getting them wet may weaken them more.
Put the dust in a sock and use it like a powder puff. Use your spray to treat housing, nesting boxes, roosting bars, etc. Repeat treating the birds and the housing in 5-7 day intervals.
I keep both dust and spray on hand.

How long have you had these pullets? I see you made a thread on the 3rd. Was this when you got them?

I'd check crops to make sure they are emptying. Do provide grit (crushed granite) free choice.
These birds are on new ground and it's been at least 7 days(?) since you got them, so I'd also consider treating for Coccidiosis. You can find Corid at the feed store.
Liquid Corid dose is 2tsp or Powdered Corid Dose is 1 1/2tsp per gallon of water given for 5-7 days as the only source of drinking water.
Do not add any extra vitamins/electrolytes that contain B1(Thiamine) to food or water during the course of treatment.
Hello
The temperature here in Florida was 94 when I dip them. I will try the dust and see hopefully I can do it better this time. I purchased them back in October they were 4 1/2 months old and some didn't have feathers in parts of their body but the owner told me that was because they were still growing the feathers. I used Corid in them when they arrived but I can do it again . They were itching when arrived and didn't want me to get near them they still crowded with each other at night instead of sleeping in the rooster area.

What is your location?

Did you buy these chickens and moved them from another location or are they part of a property you just moved to and the chickens are still in their original coop? How long ago did you get them?

There is a big difference between lice and mites. Do you understand the difference and are certain the chickens have lice?

What are you feeding the chickens?
I am in Florida I purchased the chickens and move them to my own chicken coop. My chicken coop was empty and clean and disinfect for 8 months. I don't really understand the difference between lice and mites but I am thinking is lice because they walk very fast and are very similar to the lice picture I saw online. They are getting 20% started and leyer feed and Flygrus worms everyday. They have free access to calcium shell.

Attachments

• IMG_20231211_090015.jpg
    IMG_20231211_090015.jpg
    176.2 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_20231211_090052.jpg
    IMG_20231211_090052.jpg
    193.9 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_20231211_090039.jpg
    IMG_20231211_090039.jpg
    165.2 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_20231211_090023.jpg
    IMG_20231211_090023.jpg