Sick Muscovy

Happy you were able to medicate her. I just saw your other post saying you were.
Thank you ♥️ I just discovered that she is still laying eggs, and although they are much much better, they are not entirely normal. I am going to do the full course of antibiotics and hope that the implant kicks in soon! If the implant fails, I hope that the antibiotics will at least clear up the infection entirely.

She is certainly not easy to medicate as she is capable of flying, and is very agile! The good news is that she is slower in the AM after just waking up, so medicating her before work shouldn’t be too much of a hassle!

They can clamp those bills closed to where you almost need a crow bar to open them, lol
Yes, they do! And Goon 2 is an especially stubborn little thing. After she got her pill, she stomped over to the pool while doing her best angry Muscovy chirp, and then she over-dramatically bathed herself for 20 minutes straight to remove the horrible evil human germs. She then stomped out of the duckio and over to her sister, at which point she seemed to tell her about the horrible thing I had done. 13 and 1/2 days to go!

7 and 1/2 days down, 6 and 1/2 days to go! She’s doing very well! The only issue may be very mild diarrhea, I assume from the heavy antibiotics. I found a random white egg in the stall this morning, which could belong to either Muscovy or Remi. However, I have not seen any other evidence that she is laying eggs, which is good! Her energy is good, and she is flying more, mostly to get away from me :barnie I’m so looking forward to the end of treatment. I thought my one cat made me feel bad for administering eye drops. Goon 2 makes me feel worse :(

7 and 1/2 days down, 6 and 1/2 days to go! She’s doing very well! The only issue may be very mild diarrhea, I assume from the heavy antibiotics. I found a random white egg in the stall this morning, which could belong to either Muscovy or Remi. However, I have not seen any other evidence that she is laying eggs, which is good! Her energy is good, and she is flying more, mostly to get away from me :barnie I’m so looking forward to the end of treatment. I thought my one cat made me feel bad for administering eye drops. Goon 2 makes me feel worse :(
I just ordered a ducky probiotic, on line , as I am about to treat one of my ducks with antibiotic. If the diarrhea gets worse, you might consider giving her a probiotic course.

I ordered from Pet Megamart inc

Last edited:
I just ordered a ducky probiotic, on line , as I am about to treat one of my ducks with antibiotic. If the diarrhea gets worse, you might consider giving her a probiotic course.

I ordered from Pet Megamart inc
That’s a very good idea. Thank you! I always give my cats a probiotic when they need a course of antibiotics, so why not my duck! We are so very close to being done (4 and 1/2 days to go!), and a saw a solid poop today, so I may hold out for now, but I should keep some on hand for future needs!

Btw, I hope everything goes well with your duck and that they feel better soon!

Just a couple of sisters sharing a stump ♥️
A23649FD-7166-421B-83BB-6976F0336CE2.jpeg

This is hopefully the last update to this thread. Goon 2 finished her antibiotics on Sunday morning, and is doing great! She seems fully recovered, and the implant seems to be working to give her her well earned rest. Thank you all for your support and advice! I can’t add a picture today as it is pouring rain, but she’s looking bright and healthy and blissfully happy due to some flooding (picture kids outside during a snow day).

Back
Top Bottom