Sick Muscovy

The poor girl is dramatically worse now. I want her to try to hold on to allow the pain meds and new hormone implant to take effect, but I don’t know if she can :(

Edited to add: she’s foraging a bit now. She’s better when her sisters stay right next to her. Plan is to keep up with twice daily antibiotic, once daily meloxicam and calcium + hoping for the best!

Last edited:
I had the day off today, so have been able to spend a lot of my time with the girls. I think that the meloxicam has brought down her fever and has helped with the pain as she is more interested in foraging now, although her sisters keep ditching her to go on adventures that she’s not ready for.

It is good to see her eat grass and bugs! I think the next 24-48 hours will be the most important.

Are there any supplements anyone would recommend adding?
49B70DE2-239B-44C9-9A9A-BA5BA3DA1870.jpeg
F2AC11F6-1AB4-4361-8CC3-A81A5FD48AC2.jpeg

Glad to hear she's doing better than from your previous post! Maybe adding some vitamins or 'roster booster' to her drinking water? Can't hurt.
Thank you! I will have to stop at the farm store on the way home from work tomorrow as everything I have on hand is sadly expired! I’m also glad that she is improved from how she was earlier today. For a while, I thought she would not make it through the day :(

Rooster booster poultry cell to be specific. I sure hope she starts feeling better.
Thank you! There are 2 farm stores on my way home from work, so hopefully I can find it tomorrow! I just tucked the girls in for the night. Goon 2 foraged some more with her sisters, then ate dinner with some enthusiasm, definitely in better spirits than earlier when she was so unhappy that she even refused mealworms. I work all day tomorrow, and have to decide whether to give her her Meloxicam 6 hours early or 5+ hours late. I guess it will depend on how she looks in the AM. Hubby is not comfortable medicating, but I’ve asked him to take the girls on a couple of short foraging walks while I’m gone. Goon 2 feels better once she moves around, and is more likely to eat while foraging with her sisters than if just left in the duckio with her pellets.

She passed a small amount of the weird “cooked egg” material today, and she got calcium with her evening antibiotic.

I feel like if she can just clear herself out, the implant should kick in soon and I think the antibiotics will have a better shot at making a significant difference!

Thanks for keeping us updated I sure hope she starts feeling good again! Sounds like she is making progress!:love
Thank you! :hugs Hubby reports that she had a decent day, but then regressed by the time I got home. I’m giving her about a 30% chance to beat this, but that’s better than 0% :(

Hopefully the antibiotic just needs a little time to take hold.
Hopefully! At any rate, it’s been a good morning so far. She’s been foraging with her sisters for over an hour after being quite difficult to catch for her morning meds! She passed an egg overnight that was clearly not right, but was at least identifiable as an egg. It didn’t have that “cooked inside the body” look.

It’s been 48 hours now since her appointment.

Goon 2 is one tough girl who has most certainly not given up yet!
ACA60F82-0C81-46FB-AE89-636A4AAD4E03.jpeg
B1B300EA-E1FD-4547-A9AA-B459651D720F.jpeg
CACE043E-E215-4880-8656-1239DD276621.jpeg
AE725ACA-753C-46BC-9BFD-73923670C85F.jpeg

Attachments

• 175B5748-4B9D-42DD-9552-BB3D9D5ACC01.jpeg
    175B5748-4B9D-42DD-9552-BB3D9D5ACC01.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 1

Back
Top Bottom