SICK of sick chickens!!

HollyTree, I think a necropsy is a very good idea, as is contacting your state poultry extension. Did you contact the person that sold them to you? Maybe they know the disease that you are dealing with.

can you contact your state and have a free necropsie done on one of them. This way you know what is going on and how to treat it. it seems most states offer this if you contact them.

Good Luck!

I haven't had chickens a long time, so I really can't help, but what I've heard in the posts, you may want to check into the testing.

I'm so sorry to hear that you have sick chickens! Hang in there!
hugs.gif

Thanks everyone! I may check into the testing, Little Rock does have a poultry "lab".
It's so hard not to love these birds! In the back of my mind, something agrees that I'll have to start all over to get rid of this problem.
I'm going to have a hard time culling them all. booo hooo hooo!

I agree that the chickens you started out with must have had some unknown health problems when you purchased them. I think in you case, the necropsy will be the best way for you to decide how to solve your flock's health problem. Even if there is a cost for the necropsy, it's cheaper than experimenting with remedies that cost money in small increments which add up. Also, this is causing a lot of stress for you and your flock, and you would be happier knowing what the problem is and getting it solved so you can get to enjoying keeping chickens.

Back
Top Bottom