sick pullet w/strange symptoms (novel length)

priszilla

Songster
12 Years
Jan 12, 2008
easley sc
I bought a bantam americana pullet at the Camden show about 7weeks ago.She was crawling with mnites and underweight at that time ( shouldn't have gotten her).I quarantined her and the pair if nankins I got that day- and dusted them with DE, treated them with ivermectin pour on too.After 3 weeks she began to sneeze, then get bubbly eyes.I did a course of terramycin (only antibiotic I had) she did noty improve or worsen, the others didn't get sick. I then did a second antibiotic- can't remember what it was though- for the 5 days (sulmet? maybe) she seemed much better.I seperated the nankins from her- the nankin pullet began sneezing grrr- but I did not treat her. so after about a week of all seeming well- the eye bubbles are back- then she couldn't even hold up her head.I thought I'd cull her but then today- she is fine- no sneezing, no nasty eyes no ratttle in her chest head up and perky- even escaped from her pen! (the nankins- if they stay ok will go out of quarantine in another week I guess).So-- what is up with this chicken? should I go ahead and cull her just in case? I only wanted her for blue eggs.I don't want her to share her weird illness with the flock and I'm not willing to treat her every week for something. I suspected coryza- but no bad smell. no diarhea or odd droppings. If she will be ok and not be typhoid mary she can stay-but I am so confused.I have been blessed to not have many sick chicken issues- don't want to start now

Back
Top Bottom