Sick Rooster

msfoghorn

Hatching
May 19, 2021
Has anyone had any success with using Tylon 200 orally for your chickens? My rooster spent the day in the rain a couple days ago and now sounds awful. I’ve seen where you can use tylon 200 but was wondering about success with it being dosed orally.

Has anyone had any success with using Tylon 200 orally for your chickens? My rooster spent the day in the rain a couple days ago and now sounds awful. I’ve seen where you can use tylon 200 but was wondering about success with it being dosed orally.
How much does he weigh?

Tylan200 can be used to treat respiratory disease like Mycoplasma. It may be effective against other respiratory infections - depends on what's going on.

Where are you located in the world? How is your rooster housed - is there a lot of ammonia at night?

If you can get a video of him so we can hear him that might be helpful - upload video to youtube and provide a link.
Do you see any facial swelling, is he coughing/sneezing, etc.?

Tylan200 I would dose at 25mg/kg, so if you can get a weight - I will help you with the math.

How much does he weigh?

Tylan200 can be used to treat respiratory disease like Mycoplasma. It may be effective against other respiratory infections - depends on what's going on.

Where are you located in the world? How is your rooster housed - is there a lot of ammonia at night?

If you can get a video of him so we can hear him that might be helpful - upload video to youtube and provide a link.
Do you see any facial swelling, is he coughing/sneezing, etc.?

Tylan200 I would dose at 25mg/kg, so if you can get a weight - I will help you with the math.
Unfortunately I lost him today☹️ He was my favorite boy. He weighed 8.5 pounds. Im in East Texas. No ammonia smell in either of my coops. I keep them up pretty well. The floors are sand and hay When its cold out. Its a muggy mess here with over 9 inches of rain in the last week. Have you had success with dosing them orally with the tylon 200?

Unfortunately I lost him today☹️ He was my favorite boy. He weighed 8.5 pounds. Im in East Texas. No ammonia smell in either of my coops. I keep them up pretty well. The floors are sand and hay When its cold out. Its a muggy mess here with over 9 inches of rain in the last week. Have you had success with dosing them orally with the tylon 200?
Sad Cry GIF
I am soooooo sorry 😢 rip

I'm sorry to hear that☹️

Tylan50 or 200 is commonly given orally instead of by injection since it has to be administered 3 times a day. If injected, you would risk injection site necrosis.

Back
Top Bottom