Sickly chicken

She's looking a little rough around the edges from just getting a bath, but she's working on fixing herself up. This morning when I went into the garage she was still in her box, I went through to let the other out of the coop and by the time I got back she had hopped out. Since then there has been some outside time, then bath, and back outside to dry before it gets hot. And I will bring her back inside burning the hottest hours.

So some things, the ants that were on her and she was found under the roost are gone. I did my best to brush them off, but there were still some there. Now I can't find any. I don't know if she picked the off, or if they decided to find somewhere better to be.

When she's outside, she's pecking around and eating, but she doesn't scratch. Is she just too tired to expend the energy?

Het color to her comb and waddles has come back nicely, but her tail feathers are either half up, or in a down position. And her back feathers are no longer puffed up.

All in all, she seems like she's on the mend. I will keep pampering her until she won't let me.

Attachments

• 1690127650080341772668648278013.jpg
    1690127650080341772668648278013.jpg
    663.1 KB · Views: 3

Back
Top Bottom