I found a pattern I really like, and have tried several ways to get it to the 6 x 6 and there is no way and still keep it looking right, the ribbon gets squatty looking. If we keep it at 6 x 6 I'll look for another idea.

8x8 is completely fine with me. I was wondering if I should change it because all the ribbon patterns I have found were at minimum, 8"x8". I will go ahead and change it on the original post, just to make things a little easier.

I was looking for the filet crochet ribbon pattern but couldn't find it the other night.

I've been trying to teach myself to knit but I was planning on starting on some (crochet)practice squares tonight of the different patterns i liked.

So, I was wanting to look at the puff stitch pattern. Am I just not smarter than the website? I cannot find the actual pattern. It says pattern in notes, but I don't see any notes either. Lol Grrrrrrrr!!!

Sent from my KFOT using Tapatalk 2
Nope,. I think you're right, the pattern just isn't there. There should be a link to download the pattern from Ravelry and it's just not there. I will try to find a pattern for it somewhere else online..

I would like to join the swap! I will do black ribbons for Melanoma as my grandma has had multiple run-ins with it.

So I'm trying to work up a pattern from the puff stitch picture but its pretty sloppy just yet. Did it in the car on the way to grammas oncology appt. If I get it worked out nicely i will post the pattern here, its pretty simple with hdc and puffs.

Welcome aboard savnnah07! I will get you put on the list :)

Just a note for new sign UPS or people considering, you don't have to pick a specific ribbon color to do, you can do whatevet colors you like or all of a single color. If theres a certain one you'd like to do because of an expetience you've had with that particular type then go right ahead! I'm happy with any color so glad to fill in on any that might be left out after sign UPS are closed :)

Here is a prototype of the block I am working on, the pattern still needs a little tweeking

This is w/o the border, my local wally world didn't have it so I'll check out the hobby lobby later this week when I go to Muskogee. I am going to do the heart in the same orchid color as the border. I did it in yellow just to stand in for the orchid and test out the pattern. I had forgotten how tedious the afghan stitch it when changing colors, not to mention how much tying off and securing tails!

Here is a prototype of the block I am working on, the pattern still needs a little tweeking

This is w/o the border, my local wally world didn't have it so I'll check out the hobby lobby later this week when I go to Muskogee. I am going to do the heart in the same orchid color as the border. I did it in yellow just to stand in for the orchid and test out the pattern. I had forgotten how tedious the afghan stitch it when changing colors, not to mention how much tying off and securing tails!
Well done!

I finished a pattern for this square, so if anyone needs it just message me and I can e-mail it to you(Word file). It does not include the color changing technique but does include a how-to(with pics) for the HDC puff st.

Last edited:
I finished a pattern for this square, so if anyone needs it just message me and I can e-mail it to you(Word file). It does not include the color changing technique but does include a how-to(with pics) for the HDC puff st.

Cool, I like the color change better the original one color that was shown, especially your choice of doing the same color family.

Back
Top Bottom