I have 7 of the inside squares done (just need borders) so just 2 to go and all the borders. I have the yarn for the borders just saving those to last since they will go really fast

Reading about how many of you are almost done is making me worry!! I have only got one square done (had a wedding shower to plan, company in town, etc...but isn't that how it goes when you have things you want to do??) and when I started to do the ribbon on it - I was going to stitch the ribbon on top of the square thinking that would be easiest - it started looking really stupid. So i followed one of the patterns at the beginning of the thread, and I got about 5 rows done last night...but when I measured it when I got to work this morning it is 12" wide instead of 8"!!!! EEEEEEEK! I was using an H hook instead of a G, but I don't stitch horribly loose so I don't know why it was so much bigger than it called for. I am going to try again tonight using a much smaller hook and see if that gets me to where I need to be size-wise. Then it will be pedal to the metal!

Reading about how many of you are almost done is making me worry!! I have only got one square done (had a wedding shower to plan, company in town, etc...but isn't that how it goes when you have things you want to do??) and when I started to do the ribbon on it - I was going to stitch the ribbon on top of the square thinking that would be easiest - it started looking really stupid. So i followed one of the patterns at the beginning of the thread, and I got about 5 rows done last night...but when I measured it when I got to work this morning it is 12" wide instead of 8"!!!! EEEEEEEK! I was using an H hook instead of a G, but I don't stitch horribly loose so I don't know why it was so much bigger than it called for. I am going to try again tonight using a much smaller hook and see if that gets me to where I need to be size-wise. Then it will be pedal to the metal!

I had the same problem (With the multi colored sqare, right?) What I had to do was cut off four rows on the sides and four rows from the top/bottom. That shaved off the two inches that went over... Don't worry about not being close yet. It's only the 12th! The 8 inch squares go by really fast once you get in the rhythm. Good Luck!

Everyone! Post a squre that you have done! I'm dying to see them!

I had the same problem (With the multi colored sqare, right?) What I had to do was cut off four rows on the sides and four rows from the top/bottom. That shaved off the two inches that went over... Don't worry about not being close yet. It's only the 12th! The 8 inch squares go by really fast once you get in the rhythm. Good Luck!

Everyone! Post a squre that you have done! I'm dying to see them!

I am using the first pattern...I don't think it is the multi-colored one. I am going to try a much smaller hook today and see if that makes it closer to 8x8. I am sort of new to crocheting so the idea of just cutting things off scares me! haha. I will report back tomorrow with my progress.

Well I hate to, but I think I'm going to have to drop out. I can't manage to sit up long enough to accomplish anything, including my house work. My pain had just gotten TOO bad. My surgery had to be put off until the 23rd due to an infection, so I will not be functional before the end of the month, or longer. I'm so sorry! :( I hope I haven't messed anything up for anyone!

Well I hate to, but I think I'm going to have to drop out. I can't manage to sit up long enough to accomplish anything, including my house work. My pain had just gotten TOO bad. My surgery had to be put off until the 23rd due to an infection, so I will not be functional before the end of the month, or longer. I'm so sorry!
sad.png
I hope I haven't messed anything up for anyone!

hugs.gif
sue

Back
Top Bottom