Silkie breeding, genetics & showing

One last try and if it doesn't work I'll just have to hold off for the laptop...
sizzleroo3.pdf
sizzleroo3.pdf

Yes I am:/ I guess I'll have to wait until my husband gets home from out of town with the laptop
I havent figured out to post from the ipad either... I guess I should figure out if it even can be done... We tried it this morning to another forum taking a picture from photo bucket but it wouldnt
copy the link..

I discovered a double nail on one of my cockerels toes....this means that he would not be suitable for the breeding pen correct?

Ugh...hate those kinds of toes. If it's just the nail itself...like a big fat toe with two nails nearly fused together then that's better than having a lobster claw, which is when the two nails are separated and there are unique joints or phalanges or bones at the end of the toe.

I've tried breeding it out in the past and have found it popping up a lot in the first generation and maybe 20-30% of the time in the second. I gave up after that and don't breed with that trait anymore. But sometimes judges don't care, like Loralee said---a fused toe with two nails is better than 4 or 6 separate toes.

Back
Top Bottom