Silkie breeding, genetics & showing

I have a guess. I know someone else well be able to tell you but maybe it could be your rooster. Some roosters have one gold gene and one silver gene which would result in partridge chicks and maybe some grey chicks. ? Just a guess :) But on the autosomal red, I have no idea.

I was wondering if anyone could tell me what are the noticeable differences between a splash and a blue silkie. I haven't been able to find many pictures of splash chicks to start with, for some reason. To me they both have that greyish smoky look. I can tell better when they are a couple weeks old of course but I want to be able to when they are just born. Thanks.

I was wondering if anyone could tell me what are the noticeable differences between a splash and a blue silkie. I haven't been able to find many pictures of splash chicks to start with, for some reason. To me they both have that greyish smoky look. I can tell better when they are a couple weeks old of course but I want to be able to when they are just born. Thanks.
The white looking ones are splash. The rest are blue. Blue can start very light. Also, a darker splash can start very light blue. You sometimes have to wait for spots. It can take a few weeks. I can usually see some spots in the wing feathers at about two weeks but on a very light splash it can take longer.

The white looking ones are splash. The rest are blue. Blue can start very light. Also, a darker splash can start very light blue. You sometimes have to wait for spots. It can take a few weeks. I can usually see some spots in the wing feathers at about two weeks but on a very light splash it can take longer.
So what colors would these 2 be considered as?
398873F8-6A7A-4300-881F-8E44E886D1B8-3093-000003313701B0D4_zps55a36e2d.jpg
7CBC96C1-A351-4795-8EA3-9DA05C0FB1B4-3093-000003311DD990B3_zps2e59e605.jpg

Back
Top Bottom