Silkie breeding, genetics & showing

I think this is just a dyed white silkie hen
wink.png
Hahaha yes I thought I was lol!!!! Though I have heard people taking about crossing lavenders and blue and red yadayadayada(min bogaling

) wow so sorry it replied before I as done! I was curious as if to what they are calling "pink" (as I know this one is died lol) but as I said in my edit I have heard people calling salmon pink? I am just curious is to how the pink came up? Did it pop up in breeding or is it just a bunch of genetic possibilities hmmmmm lol
Oh I would love one of those hahaha!!!! Now breeding/genetics question about them......
Do these appear through the reds? I have heard some whispers about them and thought it was a joke??!!!

Edited to say: I have heard people calling salmon pink but I haven't heard of anything as "popping" as this haha:). I am still trying to learn how all this genetic stuff works.:)

) wow so sorry it replied before I as done! I was curious as if to what they are calling "pink" (as I know this one is died lol) but as I said in my edit I have heard people calling salmon pink? I am just curious is to how the pink came up? Did it pop up in breeding or is it just a bunch of genetic possibilities hmmmmm lol
possibly a peach color? like a dilute red?

@Peepblessed..Thanks so much for taking the time. I will try to have better pics since our weather is suppose to be a little better this week

@Hawkeye...thanks!
Always look forward to pictures.
caf.gif

hey yall im gonna get some splash silkies and so do i breed them with blacks or whites or othr splash im confused?
Breeding splash to splash will eventually lead to very pale splash but not in the short run. Here is a chart to show you how the blue gene works.
The way the Blue gene works in a breeding can be broken down as follows:
1) Blue x Blue: This will produce 25% black, 50% blue, 25% splash.
2) Black x Blue: Produces 50% black and 50% blue.
3) Black x Splash: You'll get 100% blue.
4) Blue x Splash: Produces 50% blue and 50% splash.
5) Splash x Splash: This will give you 100% Splash.
6) Black x black: 100% black

okay silkie show pics! PS: these are not all my birds
lol.png
Only the last polish.

First the little one my friend picked up, again

Champion jr featherleg

Best of Breed

Best of Variety Black

Best of Variety Partridge

This is the Hen that also got "Color" written on her card.

Best of Variety blue

Reserve Variety, Reserve Breed WC Polish

And Toulouse my Cockerel
big_smile.png

Thanks for the pictures! Beautiful boy you have!

Awww man, I was very curious as to why "color" was written on the card also.

Yeah, I just talked to a woman at the blue seal store who is also a judge and she said that it's not surprising they left, they don't like to stay, she said she would be out of there as soon as she could
idunno.gif
So how are we supposed to learn anything? I am going to bring Ice in to show her though and see what she thinks.
I looked back at the pictures, is it possible the judge wanted to see a darker color on her wings? The rooster appeared to have the darker shade of blue on his head, neck, and wings.

They are supposed to have blackish blue on their head and hackles and uniform slate blue throughout the rest of the body. The others were the typical dark blue you see.

Back
Top Bottom