Silkie breeding, genetics & showing

Can I be that person and invite myself to that lunch? I would love to meet some more silkie lovers!
Of course you can!! The more the merrier.
wink.png

@dweeg....a friend and I are meeting a couple people at the show..hope we get to meet you as well. Always nice to put faces with posts! We all should get together and have lunch maybe.
That would be great..it is always great to put a face to these posts...I am working on the sign in desk at the Newnan show on Saturday so I will see you definatly...so is Cindy who is on here...it would be greta to get a bunch of us together for lunch...hopefully some of you more experienced exhibitors can evaluate our birds there as well and give us some tips about shows and showing...

Are you a member of the ABSC? Have you got your shirts for the show?

That would be great..it is always great to put a face to these posts...I am working on the sign in desk at the Newnan show on Saturday so I will see you definatly...so is Cindy who is on here...it would be greta to get a bunch of us together for lunch...hopefully some of you more experienced exhibitors can evaluate our birds there as well and give us some tips about shows and showing...

I agree, I would love to have tips about showing! I'm so new to everything. I look forward to meeting all of you.

Are there any good books on silkies that I could get to learn more?

Just wondered if anyone had heard of or has any cuckoo silkies as I want to get 3 in my back garden to get fertile with my gold top roo at my grannys

Just wondered if anyone had heard of or has any cuckoo silkies as I want to get 3 in my back garden to get fertile with my gold top roo at my grannys

i love cuckoo silkies was gonna get some but the only place i found them was on here in the buy sale trade but i cant afford the shipping and google it and youll see a bunch of nice pics

Not a member but planning on joining. Will a person be able to join there at the show?
I can't say I am an expert...still learning but coming here has taught me sooooo very much! Look forward to seeing everyone!

There will be an ASBC table set up at the show. They should have some sign up forms, or you can always go online to the club's website and sign up using PayPal. Here's the web address: http://www.americansilkiebantamclub.org/

Hope you make it to the show and have a great time. Ask lots of questions, introduce yourself to breeders, and find out which breeders live close to you so you can have possible mentors and sources in the future. :)

@dweeg....a friend and I are meeting a couple people at the show..hope we get to meet you as well. Always nice to put faces with posts! We all should get together and have lunch maybe.

There will be a "Silkie Social" on the Friday night before the show. Talk to Vickie Harry about whether or not a lunch is being planned on the Saturday. If not, maybe you could plan one...set up a table, hang the Silkie banner the club has, and bring some chairs. We did this at the Virginia show in November and had a great time...crockpots full of warm chicken and dumplings, cinnamon rolls, potato salad, hot coffee. It was a great place for us all to sit together and chat while we waited on the judges. It just needs someone to plan and implement it. :)

- Janine

Back
Top Bottom