Silkie breeding, genetics & showing

This is adorable!!! I bet my girls would love a bed like this. This is how mine spend their evening:

Thanks!  I just need something to go by and I will sew them...mainly need them to use when I coop the chickens the night before the show. Show morning is so chaotic with so many people running around doing last minute checks...I don't want to have to clean poopy feathered feet especially the light colored ones that may stain. I will use cloth which will be breathable and maybe a canvas bottom. I agree the neoprene would not be a good choice unless it is just for a very short time.
And I think I will do a simple round pattern and not try to put toes in them. For silkies that could break feathers off .

Yea I was kinda shocked at the material they were using, but it is definitely a good for a pattern! I agree with your idea about not separating the toes and about using them for the night before a show!! That is the last of my desires at 6am is to clean poopie toes.lol

I thought this was a hen at first glance, I see the masculine features now. Great wings!
Thanks! :) Yes, he was a she for a long time! I had him in the blue/splash pen as a hen and kept looking at him going "wow, really looks nice...what a great girl"....then I put "her" in with another group of birds while cleaning the coop "she" was in...went straight for the other rooster and later that day started crowing! He's going to be shown this spring :)

This is adorable!!! I bet my girls would love a bed like this. This is how mine spend their evening:

Jaqui that is super cute...I would love to be able to do that....

I believe this is the first ever real argument ive seen on here i am honestly shocked

Lol...welcome to the wrath of the Dragonlady...she didn't get that name for nothing....lol :lol:

She is not treated as a doll or a toy, she is treated as part of the family. Your way of keeping is your way and I respect it. But I am looking for a solution to the way I chose to keep one of my birds. As you can see from the picture above, she is perfectly happy being spoiled. 

and to answer about changing the floor, I plan to put an area rug down but I can't do the whole place I rent. Also, she does not like being with "her kind" and cries and tries to escape when put outside, she would rather sit with me and my dog on the couch. Personally I don't mind it and enjoy her company.

I am going to support you in this endeavor because you seem to coming from a place of humility. Chickens, in my experience, can form a bond with animals other than chickens. Social animals are just that. Dogs do the same thing. I would suggest making cotton booties and using liquid body latex on the bottoms for traction.
Also, my boy's toes and feet are great. I just wanted another perspective on his type.

Jaqui that is super cute...I would love to be able to do that....
Lol...welcome to the wrath of the Dragonlady...she didn't get that name for nothing....lol :lol:

Lol I know where she's comin from I would go off too in a heartbeat and trust me I can fight I have 5 sisters and a brother sisters are way worse

Back
Top Bottom