Silkie breeding, genetics & showing

What color would you say this pullet is? Blue or lavender? Her head is very light, not like a typical blue. The flash makes her look VERY light. I can get pics in the natural light if it's needed.

And I had another group of chicks hatch from a hen that I know is BLUE....got blues and still got one partridge baby. Is it safe to say its the cockbird? I'm letting the eggs clear so I can change gears to another rooster.... I've got true black and splash. Any thoughts would be appreciated.
big_smile.png

What color would you say this pullet is? Blue or lavender? Her head is very light, not like a typical blue. The flash makes her look VERY light. I can get pics in the natural light if it's needed.

And I had another group of chicks hatch from a hen that I know is BLUE....got blues and still got one partridge baby. Is it safe to say its the cockbird? I'm letting the eggs clear so I can change gears to another rooster.... I've got true black and splash. Any thoughts would be appreciated.
big_smile.png
It may be the lighting, but in these photos she looks like a grey.Look at the color of a chinchilla.

big_smile.png
looks a bit like Icelynn. If the head is darker without the flash she is just a light blue. I have a picture of Ice where the flash makes her look self blue

Same bird

Last edited:
It may be the lighting, but in these photos she looks like a grey.Look at the color of a chinchilla.
Thanks! I will look up the chinchilla color and grab a pic of her out in the snow for more natural lighting. She along with several others were given to me by a friend and she looks so different from my others. Deciding who to keep and who to sell is tough. She's a cute little monkey though.
smile.png

looks a bit like Icelynn. If the head is darker without the flash she is just a light blue. I have a picture of Ice where the flash makes her look self blue

Same bird

What a difference in the color with these two pics! My pullet is much darker than Icelynn.

big_smile.png
Definitely not self-blue. How old? What makes you think boy? I had a cockerel this color, almost looked like blue and splash mixed. By 10 months he was a perfect blue. There was some partridge genetics going on though. Show up in the chicks on rare occasion.

Do you guys have birds that make weird noises like mine? It's almost like a popping sneeze....but it's not a sneeze, I don't think?
Her eyes, nostrils and everything is clear. Eats well, she's quite plump actually. lol I can't find any signs of sickness. Just makes a weird noise. And what's even more weird is that we have a black hen that used to make the same noise. She no longer does this....now THIS pullet is making the noise.

You can hear it in the beginning of the video.

Back
Top Bottom