Silkie breeding, genetics & showing

Update on Nori, she is doing good
smile.png
up and eating a little breakfast. Gave her her meds, she was not a happy camper...

whew that makes me feel better! She is also on antibiotics for 7 days in case of any infection. I was glad he didn't charge me an arm and a leg for the whole procedure! It only came to $125 for the exam, the last minute surgery, and the meds. I read your notes, thank you! One more question, besides electrolytes, what can I give her to make sure she stays well hydrated to keep her innards moist so this doesn't happen again?
Wow! Cheap!
i dont have any coops. i keep all of my chickenson dirt and in dog kennels with upside down dog houses for shelter i find it keeps them healthier and the area more sanitary and easier to clean
I'm not picturing the upside down dog house well! :D
Update on Nori, she is doing good
smile.png
up and eating a little breakfast. Gave her her meds, she was not a happy camper...
I would be worried if she was compliant. :D So glad to hear it's going so well.
big_smile.png

I have this gold silkie roo who was meant to be a pullet. He used to sleep n my lap so I kept him for breeding sex linked goldtops. Will he be ok for this( do golds carry the brown gene)

Wow! Cheap!
I'm not picturing the upside down dog house well! :D
I would be worried if she was compliant. :D So glad to hear it's going so well.
big_smile.png

Glad she is putting up a fight!!! Stay strong Nori!!
Yeah she's still perky and doing well
smile.png

There are injections she can get that prevent ovulation; I remember someone on the housechickens yahoo group had her pet hen on it for a number of years...
What did your vet suggest?
He didn't suggest anything, just to try to get her to stop laying.

Back
Top Bottom