Silkie breeding, genetics & showing

One of my girls drew blood yesterday!
I keep their beaks trimmed and filed
smile.png

Quote: I am never positive this is just my observation...usually males show themselves threw behaviors. If you stroke a males chest he will bump back into your hand. A female usually will not. Males seem to have a different type of curve to the beak. Males seem to be a sharper curve. I also find that females head poof seems to grow forward and males have a tendency to grow up and back. I am almost positive this is a male. I have 4 others a younger age and I think I have 3 males and one female. Disappointing numbers, but, it happens. I sold 5 as day old's and they seem to be all girls..lol.

Quote: I am never positive this is just my observation...usually males show themselves threw behaviors. If you stroke a males chest he will bump back into your hand. A female usually will not. Males seem to have a different type of curve to the beak. Males seem to be a sharper curve. I also find that females head poof seems to grow forward and males have a tendency to grow up and back. I am almost positive this is a male. I have 4 others a younger age and I think I have 3 males and one female. Disappointing numbers, but, it happens. I sold 5 as day old's and they seem to be all girls..lol.

And second toe length can help tell early sex, males tend to grow longer while females have more even length toes. At least that is what I observed in the first group of 5 i had(only have 2 remaining)

And second toe length can help tell early sex, males tend to grow longer while females have more even length toes. At least that is what I observed in the first group of 5 i had(only have 2 remaining)

Really? I never heard that..thanks !

Really? I never heard that..thanks !

Mumsy uses it as a determiner. She is the one that told me my Black was a pullet and my Blue was a cockerel(we thought the other way around) and she was right.

Back
Top Bottom