Silkie breeding, genetics & showing

My grey chicks never had red,ot brown down. They had no red gene. They had chipmunk markings but they were grey and black.
Well, this is out of a splash and a white. It is a gray, though like you said, I figured it was a regular partridge. I would think a gray would have no brown or red. But these lose it. I have sold my splash so no more of these questions/issues. lol

10 pm is my little egg's hatch date! Hoping for a baby! I will be devastated if it doesn't hatch, after having to put Nori down...

You have a TIME? Wow. I just wait until whenever they want to come out.. sooner or later... My last ones (incubator test) started hatching on the 18th day and finished hatching on the 21st day. I think my count might have been off a bit (they were under a broody for 10 days until I gave her some more important eggs)...

fl.gif
it hatches for you.

You have a TIME? Wow. I just wait until whenever they want to come out.. sooner or later... My last ones (incubator test) started hatching on the 18th day and finished hatching on the 21st day. I think my count might have been off a bit (they were under a broody for 10 days until I gave her some more important eggs)...

fl.gif
it hatches for you.
Haha, most of the time, I forget the exact hatch date, (especially with broody hens) and get surprised with a nest full of chicks or poults one evening. I've been trying to keep up with it in my phone calender now that I'm hatching so much more, but I haven't had a hatch happen on the day they're scheduled yet
roll.png
my silkies hatch several days late, while my turkeys and other chickens hatch several days early.

Haha, most of the time, I forget the exact hatch date, (especially with broody hens) and get surprised with a nest full of chicks or poults one evening. I've been trying to keep up with it in my phone calender now that I'm hatching so much more, but I haven't had a hatch happen on the day they're scheduled yet
roll.png
my silkies hatch several days late, while my turkeys and other chickens hatch several days early.
I thought I would give it to monday

I thought I would give it to monday
I almost gave up with my first silkie hatch, I was about to throw them out (they were 3 days past due) when I heard peeping coming from the incubator! Don't give up hope yet, some chickies take a little longer than normal. Especially with a lone egg, I would think. Usually the hatching of the others encourages eggs to hatch.

I almost gave up with my first silkie hatch, I was about to throw them out (they were 3 days past due) when I heard peeping coming from the incubator! Don't give up hope yet, some chickies take a little longer than normal. Especially with a lone egg, I would think. Usually the hatching of the others encourages eggs to hatch.
Do you think Monday would be long enough?

Back
Top Bottom