Silkie breeding, genetics & showing

No. You will massage out a lot of nasty , cheesy looking stuff. The sucker won't do the job .Look and see if there is a build up of this stuff in the inner corners of their eyes. Sometimes it will cover the whole eyeball. Massage that out .
What if it's just a clear runny nose and sneezing? Should I just give the duramycin or sulmet and keep an eye on them? There is nothing chunky just clear boogies
sad.png
would a sucker help then?

Quote: It's kind of interesting with the red. Years ago I had fed and raised a baby grackle that had fallen out of its nest. Grackles zero in on white, not red; something I learned once Poe was old enough to do some self-feeding. She was not at all interested in the red. And of course the chickens don;t pay overly much attention to white.

What if it's just a clear runny nose and sneezing? Should I just give the duramycin or sulmet and keep an eye on them? There is nothing chunky just clear boogies
sad.png
would a sucker help then?
Try the 4-way Spray. That will open up the sinuses. Make sure those birds can get their whole beak into water too. They will rinse their boogers out. I doubt that the sucker would help much, and I think it would stress the birds.

Try the 4-way Spray. That will open up the sinuses. Make sure those birds can get their whole beak into water too. They will rinse their boogers out. I doubt that the sucker would help much, and I think it would stress the birds.
I just gave them some vetrx, dropped solution in the nose and straight from the bottle down the throat, they seem happier now
smile.png
I really can't spend much money on them so if they don't improve in the next couple days I will get it, but Coco seems to have less boogies now (she was the worst when I first brought them in), Chanel still has some but we'll see if it clears up. They are both eating and drinking still which is good.

I just gave them some vetrx, dropped solution in the nose and straight from the bottle down the throat, they seem happier now
smile.png
I really can't spend much money on them so if they don't improve in the next couple days I will get it, but Coco seems to have less boogies now (she was the worst when I first brought them in), Chanel still has some but we'll see if it clears up. They are both eating and drinking still which is good.
VetRX is good stuff. It is opening up those sinuses. A lot more expensive than the 4-way though.

VetRX is good stuff. It is opening up those sinuses. A lot more expensive than the 4-way though.

Bebe (my avatar) seems to be doing a little better now. She had even improved this morning. Her eyes where open instead of stuck together. The 4 way spray was around $7 with tax. She DID NOT like having them put in so I think she got more than a drop in each side. Will do the massaging thing tonight. I noticed it seemed swollen around the part between her eyes and beak so I am sure there is a lot in there. Boy is she touchy though!!
She is eating some though and drinking a lot. Funny thing the dried gunk has her crest up in the air where she can see good now. She sure is going to have to get a good bath when this is all finally over with.
I have not been able to get any of the medicine you spoke of. Vets are so funny about stuff like that. They won't see chickens but they won't give or sale medicine without a vet visit. Go figure. Again Dragonlady....thank you so much for caring enough to help....much appreciated!

Bebe (my avatar) seems to be doing a little better now. She had even improved this morning. Her eyes where open instead of stuck together. The 4 way spray was around $7 with tax. She DID NOT like having them put in so I think she got more than a drop in each side. Will do the massaging thing tonight. I noticed it seemed swollen around the part between her eyes and beak so I am sure there is a lot in there. Boy is she touchy though!!
She is eating some though and drinking a lot. Funny thing the dried gunk has her crest up in the air where she can see good now. She sure is going to have to get a good bath when this is all finally over with.
I have not been able to get any of the medicine you spoke of. Vets are so funny about stuff like that. They won't see chickens but they won't give or sale medicine without a vet visit. Go figure. Again Dragonlady....thank you so much for caring enough to help....much appreciated!
I believe you can get nutrical at any pet store too.

You can orfer NUTRICAL online too. It is a lifesaver for sick animals. It keeps in the fridge forever too.

Back
Top Bottom