Silkie breeding, genetics & showing

I have a question. A while back ( I have been searching for an hour or more for it) someone posted a "scorecard" for silkies, can someone either point me to the page or repost it? I know it came from an outside farm page, I just can't remember which, I think it may have been Hattrick?

That is exactly the one! Thanks Sanna!

You're welcome
big_smile.png

Thank you so much everyone for all the advice. Don't know what I would do without all of you.I was reading an article on cocci the other night and did not know there are 3 types of cocci and 1 does not respond to corrid but does to sulmet. We have had nothing but rain and humid days 80% of the last 2 months and looks like it is going to continue for another week.
Dragonlady.....Bebe is doing better. I found an article on Browneggblueegg about flushing the sinus with Tylan/water then putting a drop of Vetrx in the nostrils. She had quite a bit of snotty stuff come out.Her eyes have cleared up a lot but they still water a bit. She has been on sulmet for 10 days or so. Should I keep her on it or change to another antibiotic? I did fine the nutreint stuff from the vet,.She has been eating OK..not like she should so hopefully this will help. Would it be OK to give her a bath? She smell from the drainage dried in her crest and beard. But she is enjoying the attention.
big_smile.png

Here are my new additions!! I have tried for a white chick for 2 years and finally!! I am a bit confused on the one chick with such a slick head. All I have are silkies in that hen house so I know it is full sillkie. But it is an oddball. I need an opinion that they are grey for certain.

It is hard to tell there is some chipmunk stripping on the back

I have a question. A while back ( I have been searching for an hour or more for it) someone posted a "scorecard" for silkies, can someone either point me to the page or repost it? I know it came from an outside farm page, I just can't remember which, I think it may have been Hattrick?

Thank you so much everyone for all the advice. Don't know what I would do without all of you.I was reading an article on cocci the other night and did not know there are 3 types of cocci and 1 does not respond to corrid but does to sulmet. We have had nothing but rain and humid days 80% of the last 2 months and looks like it is going to continue for another week.
Dragonlady.....Bebe is doing better. I found an article on Browneggblueegg about flushing the sinus with Tylan/water then putting a drop of Vetrx in the nostrils. She had quite a bit of snotty stuff come out.Her eyes have cleared up a lot but they still water a bit. She has been on sulmet for 10 days or so. Should I keep her on it or change to another antibiotic? I did fine the nutreint stuff from the vet,.She has been eating OK..not like she should so hopefully this will help. Would it be OK to give her a bath? She smell from the drainage dried in her crest and beard. But she is enjoying the attention.
big_smile.png

Here are my new additions!! I have tried for a white chick for 2 years and finally!! I am a bit confused on the one chick with such a slick head. All I have are silkies in that hen house so I know it is full sillkie. But it is an oddball. I need an opinion that they are grey for certain.

It is hard to tell there is some chipmunk stripping on the back

It could be a self-blue. They are often born with stripes that fade away.

@Peepblessed. The chicks are a week old now and the chick has lost all it's stripes and only has a few on it''s head now. I am really interested to see how they are going to turn out. This was my last group before I moved all my true blacks in with my new true black roo. Finally I have a true black pen started. So far Beethoven seems to enjoy sitting back on his hackles watching the girls for now rather than do his "job". He is a good chick-sitter though. He is almost 8 mo.....maybe I am being to impatient.

Back
Top Bottom