Silkie breeding, genetics & showing

Still looking clean =) it's been dry the last couple days so it helps lol!

Cute
big_smile.png

Those silkie eggs of mine look crystal clear!
hit.gif
They've been in the incubator for about 5 days now and I don't see one vein. I don't know if it's Ace that doesn't know what to do...or the girls are just not letting him mate. I've never had a problem with our silkie eggs being infertile.
hmm.png

I think I'll bring you money for Coco instead of infertile eggs.

Cute
big_smile.png

hit.gif
They've been in the incubator for about 5 days now and I don't see one vein. I don't know if it's Ace that doesn't know what to do...or the girls are just not letting him mate. I've never had a problem with our silkie eggs being infertile.
hmm.png

Okay no problem
smile.png
sorry about your eggs! I gues i'll just wait for Ice to lay her egg today and then I will put the 3 I have in the incubator to see if they develop. If not, i'm gonna have to practice some AI lol

Cute
big_smile.png

hit.gif
hmm.png

Some boys are just too young or not aggressive enough. You've probably trimmed their fannies, right?

Oh good, I was hoping you weren't tossing them at 3 days.. Some eggs I did see clear veining early - but some fooled me and I marked ?? and they hatched so I don't take any out until 10 days (those showed development at 10 days).
I don't know what Sanna is doing with hers that's just what I have done with mine. I just put 2 more in the incy this morning(3 if Ice lays again today) so we will see if they are really fertile or not.

Back
Top Bottom