Silkie breeding, genetics & showing

Morning All,
Wanted to pop on and show some updated pics of my lavender chicks (Well, teens now) I had gotten back in April. They are 15wks old now. I know I have at least 1 hen, 1 roo and this one in the middle I'm on the fence and have no idea.

Here is the pullet

The Roo

And the one I'm on the fence with...

Morning All,
Wanted to pop on and show some updated pics of my lavender chicks (Well, teens now) I had gotten back in April. They are 15wks old now. I know I have at least 1 hen, 1 roo and this one in the middle I'm on the fence and have no idea.

Here is the pullet

The Roo

The one in question looks like a hen to me, I had one for the longest time I thought was a roo, was always playing with it's hatch mates I knew to be a roo (it was a 2nd Gen SG, light skin, bright red comb) but now its a quiet easy going pullet.

Morning All,

Here is the pullet

The Roo

I am not sure on your last chick, but I like your girl a lot!

i have a rooster his name is rudy .. me and everyone else thought he was a she but here he is
this is rudy i don't remember how old he was in this pic

and this is him now .. in this pic he is about to be clean and i thought this would be a nice pic of him .. he does not know how to mate his mate right yet but he has one chick so he mated a bigger hen .. he mostly mates the ground lol

Morning All,

Here is the pullet

The Roo

I am not sure on your last chick, but I like your girl a lot!
I can't help you either but I love your pullet!!

Quote: Mama gives silver or gold only to her sons; papa gives his silver/gold to all offspring. Since the obvious pullet is gold, Papa has to have a copy of gold. If the grey is a girl, she got the colour from Papa, meaning he has to be S/s+. If the grey is a boy, he got a copy of silver from Mama. He could be golden, having inherited gold from Papa, or pure silver; it is kind of difficult to tell for sure, and golden looks closer to silver than like gold.

Last edited:
I have a question on the possible genetic make-up of my now house chicken. A little pullet hatched on 12/24, she was solid white with a huge vault, The thing that has me confused is while blow drying her from her bath last I discovered quite a few black/charcoal grey feathers on her back. Does this mean her parents (I had everyone together for winter, so I have an idea of who the dad was, but no clue on the hen) were/are paint carriers and she is dominant white? I'm pretty sure her father was the roo in my avatar, he was the only one to have awesome foot feathers like her. Her mom could have been one of my black, blue or white hens... I wasn't able to get any pictures of them, as I believe my phone was stolen (I don't know for sure because the car I lost it in never gets cleaned out, thanks DH...)

Back
Top Bottom