Silkie breeding, genetics & showing

hello .... I plan on starting to breed my silkies .. I have posted on here before but I have 2 roosters and 2 hens .. I want to know what I can make from them first pair is a buff based partridge based rooster and his mate a blue hen and then the second pair is a silver partridge rooster and a black hen .. I know with my first pair I can get buff partridge and blue is there any other ?? and then the second pair I should be able to get silver partridge black and white but is there anything else with those ones ??

Beautiful! Splash can change a lot over the course of juvenile to adult plumage, and sometimes even when tey molt and regrow new plumage.
Thanks so much Sonoran! I am having a great time with the splash and I am learning to be more patient with them. While I don't think that she will be strongly marked, they are coming.... here is the sister of the previous splash pictured. Also 4 months.

What do y'all think of my non bearded rooster? His foot feathering is really excellent on one foot as where the othe he has broken some. He has a good dip with his tail high up and alert.
Can you provide a pic of the side view? It is very tough to give a proper critique from this angle.
smile.png

I may be picking up what I believe to be a porcelain (buffish color with blue under fluff) hen and dark blue / black roo. I know the whole BBS breeding pen, and have one set up. But my question is for the porcelain girl. What other color can I place her with to get expected results and not just mutt colors? I do have a few smutty buffs, whites and a BBS pen, but as far as other porcelains, I have none...

Back
Top Bottom