Silkie breeding, genetics & showing

Nice chick!
I love him!! Hope it goes well at the show!
He's a handsome boy but I'm having a hard time believing he is black. The under fluff and feet are way too light.

Will try to get better pics. As I said it was the middle of the day and really bleached out the pics..the rocks did not help. I just wanted to see what was thought about his confirmation. He really loves to pose for certain.

Here is a better picture of my rooster I was asking for opinions on a few days back.

Finally made it through the whole thread. It took almost a week, but lots of really helpful info :) I'll post some pics of my new splash cockerel and blue pullet this evening to get opinions on. And I have several questions as soon as I remember what they are, lol a little overloaded with info

i don't know where to post this, but maybe you guys can help- i had a pet quality roo that a friend got me at an auction a few years ago, no idea on age- i decided to have him caponized, but when the surgery was in progress there were fatty tumors in his intestines, he came out of the surgery fine, but lost him later today- are tumors common in silkies?

Tumors are common in all chickens. Chickens are more prone to cancer than any other species. My chickens' vet has a friend who will not eat chicken because of this.

Sorry for your loss Caponizing is not recommended for birds who are not juvenile.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom