Silkie breeding, genetics & showing

My son's very first show is today. He's so excited that he's awake before sun up! He told me last night that he didn't care if he doesn't win but he just wants to see all the chickens!

Good luck young man and above all else have FUN!!!
wee.gif

Sonoran,

If I breed my frizzled silkie (frizzled silkie feathers) to a smooth bird, will I just get all smooth feathers?

If I bred her to a rough sizzle, will I get frazzled birds?

I know two rough sizzles are a bad idea.

I have her in with my best white silkie male. What would my chances be at more frizzled silkies? 50/50?

Trying to improve type in the frizzled silkie. She has an awesome crest, but poor type. She's all I have to work with though.

She has a bigger crest now. This is a few months back when she was 18 weeks old.

Her father was 50% silkie 50% polish. Mother 100% blue silkie

Wish I had something better to work with! She sure is cute though either way.

Sonoran,

If I breed my frizzled silkie (frizzled silkie feathers) to a smooth bird, will I just get all smooth feathers?

If I bred her to a rough sizzle, will I get frazzled birds?

I know two rough sizzles are a bad idea.

I have her in with my best white silkie male. What would my chances be at more frizzled silkies? 50/50?

Trying to improve type in the frizzled silkie. She has an awesome crest, but poor type. She's all I have to work with though.

She has a bigger crest now. This is a few months back when she was 18 weeks old.

Her father was 50% silkie 50% polish. Mother 100% blue silkie

Wish I had something better to work with! She sure is cute though either way.
Since both have silkied featehrs, all offspring will also have silkied feathers. With one frizzled parent, you will get 50/50 frizzled offspring.

Back
Top Bottom