Silkie breeding, genetics & showing

My F1 Partridge are 13 weeks and 11 weeks now. The boys are not great in colour at all, but almost all of the girls are pretty good for colour. I'm really pleased with them. I'm not sure which two males to keep, as none look partridge to me, and more buff with partridge in the tail and wings, but I have to start somewhere.

Here are some of the girls. First one is 13 weeks, and the other two are 11 weeks.

I like their color a lot Aoxa. They look like blue or even lavender partridge! Very pretty! You should post pictures of them in the partridge silkie thread.

Here is my really dark partridge boy you might like:

He was lighter just two weeks ago!

My F1 Partridge are 13 weeks and 11 weeks now. The boys are not great in colour at all, but almost all of the girls are pretty good for colour. I'm really pleased with them. I'm not sure which two males to keep, as none look partridge to me, and more buff with partridge in the tail and wings, but I have to start somewhere.

Here are some of the girls. First one is 13 weeks, and the other two are 11 week

Pretty girls! Love love love.
love.gif

New silkibaby! Poor dude was COVERED in lice and scaly leg mites. Fortunately after the thorough cleaning and de-buging I gave him and some hard core conditioning I think he will be a nice non-bearded
big_smile.png
Got him for free so can't complain. What do you all think? Can he turn out decent? Just FYI too, most of his feathers are either half eaten by lice or missing.
ALSO, what color is he? The woman posted him as a black but she didn't seem to know much about silkies. I thought he was a blue but once I got him home I noticed he looks chocolate? So is he a chocolate, a burnt black or a burnt blue? He does have a few copper streaks in his hackles.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom